:::INDY 2009 MEET::: (Indy2K9)

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
UPDATE:

Okay, so the car is running... clutch release cylinder arrives today or tomorrow (classic leak into bell housing...) and it looks like I might want a clutch MASTER on order too (placing call NEXT) with the AFR attached and aluminum driveshaft in, I've been doing a little road tuning... Wilwood's going out today, HOPE to have by Friday AM for install at shop where my tires will go on along with the BBK and fresh rear pads along with the Moog front inner/outer tie-rods...:evil2:

CUTTING IT CLOSE, but I'd LIKE to drive down late Friday and stay in local motel/hotel where others will be (drinking?) before the big day!

What's the plan for later Friday night again???:naughty:

-crisp

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
mkiiSupraMan18;1311664 said:
Too bad you aren't Korean, you wouldn't have that problem...

If I were Korean, I'd be able to afford things versus not having a job and owning a Supra. Too bad other MK3 owners aren't as lucky as me.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuicideSuprA70

Suicide By Metal
Nov 4, 2007
Indianapolis
:: badger ::

I get it! It's exactly like what I did! Buy a car running with tons of power and not do ANY of the work! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
crisp;1311557 said:
UPDATE:

Okay, so the car is running... clutch release cylinder arrives today or tomorrow (classic leak into bell housing...) and it looks like I might want a clutch MASTER on order too (placing call NEXT) with the AFR attached and aluminum driveshaft in, I've been doing a little road tuning... Wilwood's going out today, HOPE to have by Friday AM for install at shop where my tires will go on along with the BBK and fresh rear pads along with the Moog front inner/outer tie-rods...:evil2:

CUTTING IT CLOSE, but I'd LIKE to drive down late Friday and stay in local motel/hotel where others will be (drinking?) before the big day!

What's the plan for later Friday night again???:naughty:

-crisp

Last year a few of us stayed at the Airport Radisson. I'm staying there again this year. Its like $73 a night. I know its not the cheapest, but at least its got a nice, well-lit parking lot and its in a safe area. The rooms are real nice too.

Maybe we could meet at BW3's again - its over on the south side right off the interstate..

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Clueless;1311665 said:
If I were Korean, I'd be able to afford things versus not having a job and owning a Supra. Too bad other MK3 owners aren't as lucky as me.

Agreed.

SuicideSuprA70;1311671 said:
:: badger ::

I get it! It's exactly like what I did! Buy a car running with tons of power and not do ANY of the work! :)

:rofl:

Clueless;1311677 said:
btw, If anybody wants free back-massages, I put out.

Men only.

WOW!!! :biglaugh:

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
IndyMK3;1311709 said:
nothing formally for friday... prolly just dinner and night cruise on the south side of indy... for anyone who is comming...

Thank you.

Perhaps I will hit the road at 4:30 or 5:00am and show up right on cue.;)

...that many more hours to try to get things done. There are so many.:cry:

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
ZoomZoomZoom;1311955 said:
Last year a few of us stayed at the Airport Radisson. I'm staying there again this year. Its like $73 a night. I know its not the cheapest, but at least its got a nice, well-lit parking lot and its in a safe area. The rooms are real nice too.

Maybe we could meet at BW3's again - its over on the south side right off the interstate..

Hey! That may be more appealing than rolling in so early after a short night...

Anyone else up for that?

I'd be game for a place where I can cap the night off with a GUINNESS without driving. Don't like the idea of a drink and drive for ANY distance.;)

It would be good to meet up with a few of you who are veteran's of these things. This is a first meet for me, despite having the car 14 years.:aigo:

-crisp

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
My car is officially on the road and running...Just double checking a few things on the new setup as I'm running a bit warmer than I'd like.

As of right now...I'm in. :) As long as nothing else randomly comes up.

crisp
Good luck with the rest of everything.
Yes, we'll be heading out Friday night for some "fun".
Will likely consist of cruising around Indy as well as eating.

Tracy
bw3's is alright by me! The one we were at last year is close by, But there's actually one located on US.31 (road we're meeting on Sat. morning) that is conveniently in the same parking lot that people "hang out" in.

Jeff

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
Boost Lee;1311973 said:
My car is officially on the road and running...Just double checking a few things on the new setup as I'm running a bit warmer than I'd like.

As of right now...I'm in. :) As long as nothing else randomly comes up.

crisp
Good luck with the rest of everything.
Yes, we'll be heading out Friday night for some "fun".
Will likely consist of cruising around Indy as well as eating.

Tracy
bw3's is alright by me! The one we were at last year is close by, But there's actually one located on US.31 (road we're meeting on Sat. morning) that is conveniently in the same parking lot that people "hang out" in.

Jeff

Cool! (and THANKS! Still looking like it's holding together!)

Can you ball-park a time (or preferably time "range") that people will roll-in to a given location on Friday evening to begin hooking up? FOOD sounds GREAT!:biglaugh:

(I could go for a really GOOD meal, too!:icon_bigg)

-crisp

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Hey, bw3's has NEVER failed me! :)

I'd say a safe time would be 9-10PM.
Hang out for a few hours, then rest up for a looooooong, fulfilling day.

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
Boost Lee;1311993 said:
Hey, bw3's has NEVER failed me! :)

I'd say a safe time would be 9-10PM.
Hang out for a few hours, then rest up for a looooooong, fulfilling day.

PERFECT!

...time to start working backward from my target ETA...

FRI May 8th
PM TIMELAPSE

9:00 - arrive @ bw3
8:45 - intersect 465/70 East loop
7:30 - pass thru Richmond Indiana
6:55 - turn spritely onto I-70 from I-75
6:00 - depart origin location in Timbuktu Ohio
5:59 - finish ONE LAST THING from an infinite list

crispnavi loaded...

-crisp