:::INDY 2009 MEET::: (Indy2K9)

Jhoff87

Feb 4, 2009
Indianapolis
Boost Lee;1271249 said:
As most of you know (from last year), Indy meet/Winged Warrior falls on Mothers Day weekend. Okay, No biggie.
(Still had a HUGE turnout last year, So that's not my concern.)

I've still got a couple other dyno shops to get in touch with,
But so far, The best I've been able to find is $75/3 pulls.
Granted, it's a very nice shop/area, plus he'll be providing food/drinks for everybody.....

It's a little pricier than what we're used to for a couple reasons:
-Food/Drinks provided & it's a Sunday, so they have to pay the staff "overtime".

So.........I'll leave it up to you guys on this one.

I'm still checking out some other places...But I really like this place and would love to have them host our dyno portion of the meet.

Please do give me your mature/realistic input.....
I don't want to hear a bunch of whining from you cheap Supra owners because it's too much. Again, take into effect the given circumstances...
And give me your honest opinion! I'd like to set something in stone here within the next couple weeks.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks,
Jeff

Have you talked to Pro Dyno Sport in Crawfordsvill, it would be like a half hour drive from indy.. but i know when he did a vette meet last year he only charged 50 for 3.. not trying to complain or any thing... just putting some ideas out there.. he is one of my teachers at school so if you wanted me to ask him about it let me know

Last edited by a moderator:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Jhoff87;1273674 said:
Have you talked to Pro Dyno Sport in Crawfordsvill, it would be like a half hour drive from indy.. but i know when he did a vette meet last year he only charged 50 for 3.. not trying to complain or any thing... just putting some ideas out there

Of course, The more options, The better. :)

However, I'm not sure if you were taking into effect the fact that it's a Sunday that we're going to be dynoing.
Because I have no problem pulling in $50-60/3 pulls in price from various
places....for Monday-Saturdays. ;)

I've personally never heard of Pro Dyno Sport...
Crawfordsville is a little bit further away than what I had originally planned,
But I'll still take anything into consideration.

Jeff

bishop40k

Feb 9, 2008
Lafayete, IN
Well if I can get it done, I may be showing up with both the Supra and the Cressida. Just need to find an n/a AFM, Oil pan and pickup (swapping from cressida pan to supra pan). 2jzge is at the machinist right now, and should hear back from them later this week. I get the GTS back next week, and can start ripping out the 7m from the cressi. Anyone wanna come help with the swaps?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I have a 7mgte pan/pickup...

I also have:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

$3500 obo. :icon_bigg

Was awesome driving 90 up 74 with the top off today.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Attendance List Updated!!! If I forgot you, .....forget you. :p

WE NEED MORE MKIV's THIS YEAR!
AND..."A" MKII will do. We didn't have ANY last year. :nono:

Jeff

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
I'm on a MAD RUSH for parts and I left work early to beat the storm front so I could start "tearing into" the Supra!:evil2:

DETERMINED to have a CAR to bring to the show!;)

...hope I can pull it off... LOTS to do...:icon_evil

-crisp

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
bad news guys. due to some idiot in a ram 1500 my car is probably totaled and i will have to buy it back from his insurance company and find an new shell. which means she won't make it to the meet. I will prob still come though, just wthout my 355whp paper weight.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
89turbotoy;1276027 said:
bad news guys. due to some idiot in a ram 1500 my car is probably totaled and i will have to buy it back from his insurance company and find an new shell. which means she won't make it to the meet. I will prob still come though, just wthout my 355whp paper weight.

Oh no!!!! :( Well...Hope all of that gets straightened out for the better.
At least it's starting to warm up and you'll have a chance to make some progress.

Try to drag out a couple of your Ohio brotherans with you to the meet!

______

DYNO UPDATE

Alright.....So based upon the Dyno Poll Thread so far...
(We'll go with the shorter end of the stick and say)
There's only 4 people that are planning to dyno.

So, On that note...
Let me talk to the dyno shop and see what they say.
I can tell you, They originally were wanting at least 10 cars to dyno...
So this may really effect the turnout of the entire meet.... :(

It's up to you guys...

Jeff

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
89turbotoy;1276027 said:

You sir have a PM... :icon_bigg

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Strakis... I may have good news for you next week-ish... :icon_bigg

Post some pics of your Silver turd in this thread, ASAP. Engine bay shot not required...

Also in an unrelated note... I posted my mkIII pos on craigslist Saturday... I got a call 20 minutes later. Meeting a n00b down south this weekend to exchange teh moniez. :sarcasm: Effin n00b is getting one hell of a deal too.

bishop40k

Feb 9, 2008
Lafayete, IN
I know Dyno is scheduled for Sunday, but any clue as to what TIME sunday the dyno runs are? Depending on what time it is, I may be back from the drift event sunday and MAY put the Cressida on it (if I can get it running by then). But I WILL be there on Saturday, and it looks like the Supra will be ready by then, since I got all the parts needed for the swap sourced. Now just to finish sourcing parts for the Cressida, and decide if I'm going 2jz or 7m electronics to power everything. Would be kinda curious as to what a stock 2jzge with lower compression makes power wise.

For the dude needing the shell, why not pick up Clueless' midnight blue one, appears to be in very good shape and for a decent price.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
bishop - It will likely be mid-late afternoon (12-2ish).
Clueless' midnight blue car is one of my old cars! :D Body is in very good shape.

Hunter - Why do you need pictures of his silver car? He sold that like a month ago...

Everybody else - Matt (SuicideSuprA70) will be dynoing...and planning to break 700RWHP,
So...we know there's going to be a good show for dyno's!....BE THERE! :biglaugh:

Jeff