Indiana Supra Meet - May 10, 2008! (Merging with WWIV)

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
Quin;1024859 said:
Sean, if you did a good job like that on all of them they probably look pretty good.

They all look like that I really couldnt get a clear pic of the whole car.
It was to sunny.

I gonna make a video later I will post it hopeful I can get good shots.

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
Boost Lee;1024589 said:
*pfft*.

Wow....And what is this you have here? :)

Details on this bike?

02 zx6r i think it's 5500 actual miles, haven't looked at the odometer in a while, i just leave it on trip.

new pirelli front and back

fiberglass hugger/chaingaurd

undertail

Osram nightbreaker lights

led front turn signals, rear brakelight/turn signal integrator

European CDI (will not pass emissions with this)

Ivan's kleen air kit

Ivan's Jet Kit, tuned by Action Motorsports

520 conversion xring chain with 0/+3 vortex sprockets

new brake pads

have a bmc race filter, but the bike was tuned with oem filter, so don't want to use it until it can be retuned

ebay fairings, stickered and cleared on abs plastic (weighs almost 20 pounds less than stock)

tank and windscreen painted black, with custom airbrushing

chopped yoshi rs-3 can powdercoated black (chopped to roughly 12" long)

frame, clutch/brake handles, swingarm, sprocket, forks, sprocket cover, clutch cover and the entire rim (not just the outter lip) polished

need to sell this so i can get the extra $$$ to finish the supra, i've dumped 3-4k in it so far, and it still need to get rods, turbo, injectors and a few k worth of other small parts

down in somerset, $5k for bike. one of my buds owns tj cycles down here and he said i could get $5500 out of it, but i want to try and move it fast. i will have the tank and windscreen back from the dude doing the airbrushing this week, and the yoshi can will be back today from the guy doing the powdercoating. it may also be in super streetbike magazine shortly, one of the editors contacted me the other day on a forum asking for finished pics of it with a small write up

<edit> would be willing to trade for a wrecked busa, but not one that has frame damage

Last edited:

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
mk3forme;1025470 said:
Looks like a nice piece. Has it been down?

yep, all the bikes i buy have been down. this one was bought in 02, the original owner put 12 miles on it and hit the back of a semi trailer, busted the front plastics, headlight and gauges. he was scared of it, so it sat in a garage for 4 years, i bought it in '06, put new tires and gauges/nose fairing on, rode it for a year, scraped a guardrail with it and busted up the right side fairing, then did this rebuild on it.

i don't try to hide the history on any of the bikes i rebuild/sell cause i will not ride one, or sell one that is questionable. more than likely any bike that's a few years old has went down, it's just that most people will lie and say one of two things happened to it:

1. "I dropped it in the driveway"
2. "It fell when we were loading it in the truck/trailer"

everything i have also has a salvage title, cause i buy alot from insurance auctions. but insurance will total a bike for a bent gas tank, or tweaked swingarm... the funniest one i seen, was an '00 r6 i bought, they totalled it because it wouldn't start after the guy laid it down. the tank was bent, so they replaced the tank, but the fuel cutoff switch was broke and they thought the engine was dead. i bought it for $1500, put another tank on it for $200, sold it a few weeks later for $4k

this is up for sale in a few other places, and although i would like to sell it fast, i'll let it sit in the garage and collect dust before i sell it for less than its worth cause i have alot of time in polishing the bike

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
p1025572_1.jpg

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
mkiiSupraMan18;1025536 said:
I buy downed bikes because I figure I'll end up dropping it anyway. :icon_bigg

That way it's a $300 mistake instead of a $3000 one.

a $300 bike is a pretty crappy one. you'd be lucky to find a beat up 250 ninja for $300.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
lol, it was more of a $300 additional damage (scratching paint, or something that isn't very serious) as opposed to dropping a brand new bike in your driveway and scratching the mirrors, handlebars, sides, turn signals, swingarms, engine covers, exhaust... etc etc... :icon_bigg

I don't think I'd ride a bike that I could pick up for $300...

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
mkiiSupraMan18;1025699 said:
I don't think I'd ride a bike that I could pick up for $300...

ok lol, i was already thinking you were a low budget squid :biglaugh:

i would never own a new bike either... if i wrecked a bike that i still owed money on i would probably just sit there and cry on the side of the road. now i wreck one, get up, pull off he broken crap and ride it home if it can be ridden :biglaugh:

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
armyastro;1025832 said:
if you mess with wrecks find me a cheap...cheap motorcycle engine for my little gocart project.

let me know what size/brand you want. i can find them all over the place. biggest i've seen on a cart is a 600cc, and those are on the razor's edge of dangerous. i've seen a few 250 ninja motors, but 600's are the most popular. a 600cc sport touring engine will be on average 80hp, a super sport engine will be 120hp. i think the 250cc's are running about 30-35hp

if it's just for fun and not road racing, have you thought about building a turbo mower motor? should be able to get a good 25-30hp out of one of them

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
selfinfliction;1025935 said:
let me know what size/brand you want. i can find them all over the place. biggest i've seen on a cart is a 600cc, and those are on the razor's edge of dangerous. i've seen a few 250 ninja motors, but 600's are the most popular. a 600cc sport touring engine will be on average 80hp, a super sport engine will be 120hp. i think the 250cc's are running about 30-35hp

if it's just for fun and not road racing, have you thought about building a turbo mower motor? should be able to get a good 25-30hp out of one of them

I vote for 600rr...forget lawn mower engines