In before the Colorado Magazine ban

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Picked this up yesterday:
p1917271_1.jpg

S&W MP15-22. Ordered 2 30 rd mags today and will be looking to pick up a few 25 round S&W mags when i can find any available.

Colorado House passed 4 laws aimed at punishing gun owners last week and the senate is likely to pass them as well. So... before they can ban >15 round mags I may be buying up more for the .22lr pictured above and even a few in .223 spec for my hopeful "real" AR purchase in the next few years.

Hoping to just get some good range fun with this one with very little upkeep/ammo cost. The lack of a flash hider looks a bit strange so that may get changed for cosmetics alone.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Yeah, I was really debating getting a 5.56/.223 but the prices are outrageous right now and they're hard to track down. I'm also new to the platform and shooting enough to become proficient with a .223 would be costly. If the ban passes senate i may buy up some regular 30 rd magazines and get a "compliant" .223 down the road when prices are back to reality.

I'm also moving into a new house so this is about the worst time for large purchases. I dont expect the federal ban to go into effect for some time yet so I'm banking on having a while to sit on the .223 purchase.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
I wouldn't mind owning a AR and nice purchase btw. I picked up my Polish AK74 back in early November before all of this happened. 5.45 prices are still down and performance is similar to 5.56. My dad picked up a case of 1080rds for $200 so its still cheap and available. My only gripe is magazine prices are stupid high since there isn't much on the surplus market. Sorry to hear about Colorado making you gun owners take it up the rrar. Can't you guys resist like New York gun owners are or at least that's the story from what I've been told.