Im thinking about buying this 87 Turbo

gotsomegetsome

Age Quod Agis
Mar 31, 2008
san jose
that thing looks like a beater!

compression test it, make sure he didnt blow the engine or something cuz that thing honestly looks like its been through hell and back

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
gotsomegetsome;1420620 said:
that thing looks like a beater!

compression test it, make sure he didnt blow the engine or something cuz that thing honestly looks like its been through hell and back

Really i went and looked at it today the paint just looks faded as the sun kind of takes its toll in Arizona other then that its seems solid i did not run Compression on it tho.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Turbo Habanero;1420625 said:
Really i went and looked at it today the paint just looks faded as the sun kind of takes its toll in Arizona other then that its seems solid i did not run Compression on it tho.

When you say "looked" do you mean you drove or you just "looked" I'd drive if you hadn't already. I'd go for it, but I would offer, him $2550. I bet the final price will be $2650. You do have an advantage he does say "I'd like to get rid of it A.S.AP., I think if it drove good and strong and doesn't missfire, I'd say the compression is good. Besides, hes not gonna let you take off any parts for a compression test, I wouldn't if it were my car. He has a lot of very nice parts on it. if you wer to buy all these parts seperately, it would cost you probaly more. Besides why wouldn't go over everything any way, It needs paint, why wouldn't you do the engine as well, unless you like it as is and want it as a d.d. I guess weigh the the pro's and con's between your and and that one.
I think it's good deal at the price I mentioned.
my five cent's and M.H.O.

Last edited:

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
I like the wheels, and it seems to have a good amount of supporting mods. MHG? Or a regular HG?

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
SilverSupraT;1420745 said:
Unless they have receipts for the engine stuff I wouldn't trust that he has anything that I couldn't see.

Good point, I would say the only thing Turbo can't see is the 60-1 and the 550's

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
nah you can see that stuff, a modified ct-26 is easily recognizable, and if its got 550's chances are there injector plugs will have shrink wrap or tape on them.
n if he'll let you take a valve cover off you can check the condition of the cams, and see if theres arp studs.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
kotu100;1420755 said:
nah you can see that stuff, a modified ct-26 is easily recognizable, and if its got 550's chances are there injector plugs will have shrink wrap or tape on them.
n if he'll let you take a valve cover off you can check the condition of the cams, and see if theres arp studs.

Hey, your right!!!
except I have adaptors for my injectors. Shrink wrap as in hard wire? as far as the 60/1 and the studs, your right tho, that's if he'll let ya take it apart. Couldn't you just drive it, a 60/1 and 550's should be a noticable difference compared to stock.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Koenigturbo;1420759 said:
Hey, your right!!!
except I have adaptors for my injectors. Shrink wrap as in hard wire? as far as the 60/1 and the studs, your right tho, that's if he'll let ya take it apart. Couldn't you just drive it, a 60/1 and 550's should be a noticable difference compared to stock.

I did drive it and yes it is alot more powerful then stock for sure. I asked about the HG he said Cometic but no proof was offered or asked.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
dont judge a book by its cover, some people dont give a shit about looks.
people used to look at my 87 and say damn thats ugly, untill i started it.
just my opinion

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
jessemkiiis;1421562 said:
dont judge a book by its cover, some people dont give a shit about looks.
people used to look at my 87 and say damn thats ugly, untill i started it.
just my opinion

Ya my current supra

p1421812_1.jpg

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Wish i had a pic of my 87 it was a silver hardtop, but the paint was almost flat grey.
sawblades painted black(is was 16 forgive me).
but damn i owned these stupid ass locals
^^^^^^^^^^^^
"I GOT A MUSTANG" lol