Im new to this site

goldpeak1

Jul 4, 2010
Albia, Iowa
Ok, All you Supra Fans out there. I ran across this site from a text from a friend. I now am the proud owner of this 87 Supra Turbo. It has some problems but I am working on it. This car is fun to drive and will be even better to drive when I find out the bugs in the engine that make it jerk a bit when getting into the turbo...driving down the road. As a rule of thumb, it is either electrical, gas or timing. I am suspect that there is a coil pack issue or a plug that is bad, but I would hate to know how this car runs when hitting right. I used to own a BMW Bavaria with duel downdraft webbers on it, and a 1974 BMW 2002 with a single downdraft. Since my Bimmer days, I have looked into Toyotas as they are built right and run hard. My father has a 88 Celica in a stick tranny that runs fine as well but needs major body work. I am thinking It needs a body swap. He is ordering a Honda S2000 this week from a guy that rebuilds wrecks. I also have a white Supra for parts. I am in need of a fender and door for this car that I have in burgandy along with some parts like the trim that have some age. Anyone got tips on the little covers over the door locks in the car to keep them on and in place. So far, this car has only yielded one speeding ticket. Time to dust off the radar detector. I cant imagine this car all pimped out with a free flow exhaust system on it. Im sure it will be fun to drive. People think I'm crazy for fixing up such an old car, but there are some things out there worth doing once.. besides, its kind of fun... I am interested in some basic things like K and N air filters or free flow exhausts for this car. Anyone out there have information on this old girl? I could use a Manual for the car as well like a Hastings or Chiltons Manual...

Thanks,

Keep in touch..
Goldpeak1

Last edited: