Im a new owner of mk3 turbo

white_mk3_turbo

Sep 19, 2007
michigan
hey whats up guys im a ex-honda guy....now.....my name is JANG, i just turned 18 in june and i just got my supra yesterday sept 18....its a white 89 supra turbo......5speed......and almost stock........im in michigan so it has a little rust here and there.........dont have pictures of it yet, but im loving it it pulls strong and is a great fun car....the price was 3000 and it has 126XXX miles on it..........

Question:
i was wondering if any one knows how much boost i can run on the stock motor.....and how much can it handle...before i need to rebuild the motor???????????planning on builting it next year

mods:
hks 1.2mm gasket(head),
arpstuds w/bolts,
hks air filter,
new maf sensor,
manual boost controller,
and i thinks thats it.........will i hope this site will help me get the horsepower goal i want of 600 horsepower to kick my uncles h22 turbo civic.......thanks any help will be great.....

Last edited:

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
Welcome...Glad you swithed over from honda's. I switched from mitsubishi not to long ago. Well you got a good start on your car anyway with the Metal head gasket and the ARP bolts. You better have some deep pockets to get to the 600HP goal. :biglaugh: Modding these cars does get expensive. I am shooting for 450HP or so, which is plenty for me. Well good luck, these guys on here are a big help. Use the search function, and you can find about anything, and if you can't find it, ask.

supramike7m

92 teal-wn turbo
Jan 29, 2006
prescott, Arizona
congrats on the new car. your gonna love it. just the way they drive, they are smooth, just wait till you start modding. you got a good start so far. just to be safe try runnin an extra quart of oil in it. good luck on your new addiction.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Welcome to supramania and you can find all kinds of tips on rebuilding motors and reaching your 600rwhp goal. Use the search function and you can find out about anything you need to know. I also agree that you should run one extra quart of oil to help keep your engine from getting the dreaded rodknocksyndrome.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
welcome aboard. yes, the search button is going to be your best friend here. and post some pictures of the beast.

white_mk3_turbo

Sep 19, 2007
michigan
pictures are up

interior
p764983_1.jpg

the vroom vroom
p764983_2.jpg

and the exterior
p764983_3.jpg

p764983_4.jpg

hope u guys like it

Last edited:

white_mk3_turbo

Sep 19, 2007
michigan
thanks

full engine rebuild comin in maybe the beginning of next year...featuring je pistons,egle rods, new turbo, port job n polishing, rebuild tranny....n some other high performance things

stay tuned!!