Ignition Timing

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Hey guys, what do your ignition maps look like? Im trying to get a general idea of what these motors like. My EGTs are roughly 1550F in the upper RPMS at 18psi with 50/50 water/meth and a 7GPM nozzle.

Heres my ignition map.

p1564142_1.jpg

Anyone want to share there ignition map for the greater knowledge base of the site?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
I have a few that others have posted, but i wouldn't actually rely on them. I also have a pretty good idea of what stock does. I'm working on a spreadsheet for that right now..

The motec software one was an EXAMPLE IJ posted some time ago.

Attachments

• IJ timing map..jpg
    IJ timing map..jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 7mignitiontable..jpg
    7mignitiontable..jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 149

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
If your using windows XP hit the "PRTSCN" button, its above the group of keys with "home" "end" and the page up and down buttons. Open MS Paint, right click and paste. File and save.

For Vista go to start, programs, accessories and find "snipping tool". When you click on it the screen will white out, click and drag around the area you want to copy. After you select the area, file and save.

I dont know why they made it so difficult for vista. The keyboard shortcut was so easy.

Stock timing numbers would be AWESOME!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I can't get it to take the screen shots. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong, but it's not working. Sorry.

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
sm_photo_missing.jpg

It is not tuned but it works fine for now with no problems. Pretty much one I have been working on for the past 6 months.
The vertical fueload is in Kpa and the horizontal is in RPM.

z1turbo

Apr 24, 2005
lenexa kansas
s4.photobucket.com
gennro;1595370 said:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

It is not tuned but it works fine for now with no problems. Pretty much one I have been working on for the past 6 months.

So, is this map you have total timing or added timing on top of the edis set at 10btdc?

z1turbo

Apr 24, 2005
lenexa kansas
s4.photobucket.com
The reason i asked is because the edis 6 if the wheel is set properly should have a standard 10degrees timing advanced with out a saw signal and i wasn't sure if when you set megasquirt to edis mode it assumes that you have it set at 10btdc or if your ignition maps are whats added on top of the standard 10 degrees.

Last edited:

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Yea i would assume as most triggers are set with a specified initial timing. The 8860 has a selection for initial timing that way it knows when TDC is and bases the timing maps on that.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
gennro;1595370 said:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

How was this tuned? steady state or street?