Ignition Options with Emanage Ultimate

toddrs93

Aug 22, 2010
Hagerstown, MD
I have spent 2 weeks researching and laying out the wiring for the emanage ultimate in with the 7m-gte. I am fairly experienced with this system, and I am a tech. We have done several on 3000GT VR4's with great success. However I am not understanding the ignitor problem. I have seen several different ways to go about this, but I just do not know the best way. The ultimate is a piggyback, albeit an advanced one, but I am not sure if its capable of controlling things properly if we get rid of the 7m's multiplex ignitor. However I take it to properly control ignition timing I must go with something different like the 3000GT ignitor? I'm not understanding why the emanage couldnt be wired up to interrupt the signals to each coil before it gets to the ecu from the ignitor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I read the Emanage did control timing on the 7MGTE. I think the MAFT-Pro does also, but you should read up on that in the stickies.

Sparky33

Sep 13, 2010
NJ
well im not too familiar with the emanage i know with the maft pro timing is adjustable to a certain point, but for some reason it doesnt actually display on the unit, so i imagine the emanage should be able to without changing ignitors etc.