I'd Like to Bring the MKIII Up to Date

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480094

Anybody interested in something like this? I'm dying to have a setup like this. He needs some help in the MKIII department and since I don't have my car here, I'd like some help so I can get the ball rolling on this, or maybe someone already knows...

dre99gsx said:
If you are serious about fitting this onto an MKIII, send me some good photos of the key cylinder area. Figure out if your remove the key cyinlder, can you still rotate the steering wheel without the lock engaging.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
Will it say "Good morning, Dave" when you get in it too? I think push button start is kind of worthless. Same with the FOB deal. I've seen them work in other cars and they're neat for a while but it's really just a novelty gizmo. Besides, I like the reassuring "ker-chlunk" you get when you lock it with a key.

kingsupra

Jul 14, 2006
d-town,colorado
i have a push button start but its not as cool as that with replaceable ignition. you still need the key in but its still a cool thing to show off

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Had the push start button in my 87 to bypass the stock retarded alarm. S2000 push start style is pretty neat too.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
anyways

there is a company making this for hot rods... sold at jegs.

If you are going through that much work. Minus well make it a full race car and ditch the key cyclinder.

Wire a master on switch with a igntion on and the starter button call it a day.