ice (woohoo)

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Supras are pretty decent winter cars. I've been saying that for a while now. It's all in tire choice.

A good set of winter tires, plus the LSD, plus the fact that the supra is a BOAT. It always gets traction, unless of course you hit the gas pedal.

Chrisfrom1986

Unauthorized Lurker
Jun 10, 2006
Fresno
annoyingrob said:
Supras are pretty decent winter cars. I've been saying that for a while now. It's all in tire choice.

A good set of winter tires, plus the LSD, plus the fact that the supra is a BOAT. It always gets traction, unless of course you hit the gas pedal.
Im sure the fact that its a RWD car going uphill makes a difference as well...

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
chrisfromda909 said:
Im sure the fact that its a RWD car going uphill makes a difference as well...
Haha. I was talking in general, but you are correct. That would have helped a lot.

LSD = Limited Slip Differential. What this means is one wheel will NOT just spin. Either both of them spin, or none of them spin. This makes getting stuck a little harder, as if one wheel doesn't have traction, the other wheel will move the car. As opposed to no LSD where if one wheel doesn't have traction, it just spins, and the car goes nowhere.

On the downside, you can break BOTH wheels loose quite easily with a little addition of power :) I swear at every light, my car goes sideways a little before it goes straight through.

Chrisfrom1986

Unauthorized Lurker
Jun 10, 2006
Fresno
annoyingrob said:
Momentum.

Lots of weight to get moving. So you hit the gas, and because of the LSD, you overpower BOTH wheels, your rear-end now has no traction, and it just slides down teh natural curve of the road.

Momentum implies movement no?

Im talking from a dead stop on flat pavement.

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
that makes sense.... that is probably why i went the whole freking way up the hill sideways... i was iimpressed with myself...

yesterday i tried it again and had to stop mid hilll because my sister was sledding down it.... i backed up and did it again and made it... after honking at my sister and her friend to move.... because that time i was going to run them over.