"I Want To Organize A Meet in 2013" Thread - CLICK HERE

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Obviously the Midwest, as a whole, has a lot of Supra activity...

To any of you whom have previously done or would be interested in organizing and/or planning a Supra meet locally,
I STRONGLY encourage you get a hold of me with details so that we can work together and help spread the word.

Nothing short of having a Stickied thread, I'll be happy to help you in any way I can to promote your meet.
We're about to wrap up 2012.... Don't let your planning start late. After all, the bigger the meet, the more fun everyone has! :bigthumb:

Happy Holiday's, gang!

Jeff L.

Indy Supra's 2012

Louisville Supra's 2008

Indy Supra's 2009

Chicago Supra's 2008

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
Deal's Gap on the border of NC and TN. It's obviously more east but 318 curves in 11 miles and local accommodations. Fun times. I also live there so I'm biased.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Jeff, depends on how far east it is held. I'd love to attend another large Supra meet (as is, there are less than a dozen Supras in my area, and between my buddy and myself, we own about half of those...), but driving distance is definitely a consideration.

Vegas wasn't that bad for me, at ~600 miles one way. Much further than that and I'd have to really think about it... Then again I'm really on the western edge of Wyoming, so... not really Midwest much.

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
Jeff, can we post up ideas for activities that make up these meets? maybe we can get some thoughts from some of the people of what they expect out of a meet and some ideas we can use to make everyone's gatherings good?

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
MN pretty consistently has smaller scale meets each year as well, if anyone feels like making the drive.

I plan on attending whatever larger meets are happening next year, for sure, and I tend to convince other Supra owners to come with.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'd like to see one somewhere around Tennessee or maybe even Louville again. Any further than that north and it becomes a little too far to drive. My attention span can only last so long.........lol

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
Wow Jeff, Love those pics!
Personally I think Indianapolis / Louisville is central enough to have a big chicago style meet
Also, maybe collect emails from people at meets to send them direct reminders of upcoming meets, my biggest problem was I didnt get on the forums alot and would forget about meets, then see something about the meet a week before, then it became short notice for me. I know its my fault but maybe getting a reminder 30 days out would keep it on peoples mind.
I stepped away from supras for awhile, but my kids are getting older now so the 1st of the year I'll be supra shopping and back to collecting parts cars lol

All the meets I've been to, I personally like dyno events / cookouts. Spreading meets out over a few days is kind of overwhelming. I personally like when its a packed full day. Like the last indy one I made it to, met up, hung out at the track for while, went to the dyno then ended the day with dinner, other than almost clocking 2jz 240 guy, that was the best meet I've ever been to. I would stick to the formula that works and focus on getting more people to come.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
It's been in discussion for several years throughout the eastern part of the Midwest as to where the best place to have a meet would be.
Indy has been such a successful region to have meets because it brings together folks from Chicago-area, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Kentucky & Tennessee.

The ultimate task? Spreading the word and getting people to commit.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, too. I mean that whole-heartedly.
As someone who's organized several meets over the last 6+ years, it's always great to get feedback from people as to what would make next year better.
Well that opportunity is here now.

So.... I'll finish up this post with one clear site in mind.
It's likely at this point that I'm going to make it a 2 day meet (as opposed to 3 day like it's been the last couple years).

Chris, I couldn't agree more how fun and exciting it is having an action-packed day...
Unfortunately, for everything that'll be done... we just can't cram it into one day without there being people left behind,
getting lost or wishing we could've done [event 1] longer than so many hours before moving to the next place.

This year............ I've already got plans in store. Just need to make them official and that's something that I plan to announce and start working around right after the New Years.

Until then - Everybody have a Merry Christmas! :) Be safe out there.

Jeff

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
What happened with "winged warrior" ? Do they still do that? Thats was a good time, getting to see other cars and some action on the tracks

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
supraman502;1908755 said:
What happened with "winged warrior" ? Do they still do that? Thats was a good time, getting to see other cars and some action on the tracks

they stopped doing that last year, the number of people at the event was pretty small so there wasnt much to do then.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
I think Indy is a good location. Cross roads of America. I will go. Good looking sc300 STiCk3. My uncle will probaly come out to play with his two MKIII's.

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
super51fan;1913077 said:
I think Indy is a good location. Cross roads of America. I will go. Good looking sc300 STiCk3. My uncle will probaly come out to play with his two MKIII's.

you're uncle is the Matco guy right? I can't wait to see the black beast out and about again, should be a good meet this year!