I think my car will have code 52 forever!

mn_supra_boi

Sep 2, 2008
mn
iave recently done the KS rewireing too it worked for a while but sometimes the code will come back but all i do is i just shut off the car the code will go away and the car will run just fine when i start her back up, does this happen to you or dose your code stay on all the time

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
dont feel bad, i think mine came back on last night lol, i saw my check engine light come on and it didnt turn off, but it was too late for me to bother checking what it was... i'm 90% sure its the ks light

boro drift

Oct 16, 2008
Lewiston, Idaho
Ok, I got 'er dicked this time!

I took a look at my ecu plugs, and one of the ks wires came half way de-pinned. I shoved it back in with a pair of needle nose pliers and went for a drive. The cel hasn't come on since.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
^^ yea yea i know lol, i'm so tempted to go to the junkyard and take the ecu pins out too, because thats the only thing left that i havent tried. but i am happy that my car is running amazingh besides that. putting the maft back in pull thru, recircing, and tuning it again is about the best thing i have done. the car pulls amazing now. i think i am definatly over my previous 300rwhp

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
UPDATE: Well, I had to say it. I checked mine this morning due to the 52 staying on the last few days and the rear 'behind the starter' KS broke in two.

At least I know for sure what it was now.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Final update:

Ordered a new sensor and 2 plugs from Toyota. Sure I paid way too much, but I can have the peace of mind that it's not a 15+ yo halfway worn out plug that I'll have to replace again next month.

After replacing the rear (PITA) plug and rewiring it again (with 2 wire stranded core shielded) it's gone over a week without a single CEL.

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
mkiii222;1314889 said:
Final update:

Ordered a new sensor and 2 plugs from Toyota. Sure I paid way too much, but I can have the peace of mind that it's not a 15+ yo halfway worn out plug that I'll have to replace again next month.

After replacing the rear (PITA) plug and rewiring it again (with 2 wire stranded core shielded) it's gone over a week without a single CEL.

Yippee!