i think its a sensor making me run very lean.

M

Mk3 Turbo

wuz up guys, my car runs fine but out of no where its like my engine gets no gas and its like if its off, feels like electrical. and if i give it gas doesnt do anything my RPM's dont move or anything. i think it could be the cable that goes into the sensor thats on the intake manifold the one that regulates the acceleration it has a lil clip but its broken so it doesnt stay steady it moves. My check engine come on but i try to diagnose it and just keeps on flashing, it doesnt give me a code. also it backfires but not always the same thing used to happen when i had the other engine now i swaped engines and still does it so its not the engine its the car. i checked for leaks but everything is good. i need help guys. thnx

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
backfiring is RICH not lean.

when you say you give it gas and the RPMs dont move, that sounds like a boost leak you have there. check your IC pipes.

check for binding or excess play in your throttle cable as well.

M

Mk3 Turbo

no bro, my air/fuel gauge goes to lean all the way. but if was a leak it would do it all the time and when the car is running. but it does it even if im in a red light, i accelerate and the engine doesnt sound like if its on but when i let go the gas its starts again. i think its that cable from the sensor. thanx for the reply

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Mk3 Turbo said:
i think it could be the cable that goes into the sensor thats on the intake manifold the one that regulates the acceleration it has a lil clip but its broken so it doesnt stay steady it moves.

thats called the TPS (throttle position sensor). try unplugging it completely and see if your problem goes away. when you unplug it, the car should idle at about 1k rpm. see if it still has the same effects when you unplug it.

another thing, a code 52 can cause backfiring. (knock sensor malfunction), as it retards timing and enrichens fuel mixture.

anyways, try pulling the EFI fuse in the engine bay fuse box for 30 seconds, and try re-checking the codes. let us know what you come up with.

and, as lagged stated, check the IC piping, especially the one off the bottom of the turbo, as it's most prone to cracking.

-shaeff

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
yup! the one on the bottom of the turbo to the IC, as well as the one from the 3000 pipe to the TB.

that one seems often neglected for some reason.

oh, and do you have a wideband o2 sensor?

backfiring is caused by a RICH condition, i dont care what your narrow band o2 A/F meter says.

M

Mk3 Turbo

ok guys, this are the symptoms that my toy is having, itz NOT always its sometimes. Lets say i accelerate the car it statrs backfiring really fast and it only stops when i let go the gas. another thing, im in a red light right when i accelerate engine doesnt even sound it does like if it was off while holding the gas but as soon as i let it go starts right back up, also when i flore the car instead of pushing me like picking up it holds me back like if its really slow. it only does it some times not always but i want to fix it. thanx to all you guys for you help.... :confused:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Mk3 Turbo said:
ok guys, this are the symptoms that my toy is having, itz NOT always its sometimes. Lets say i accelerate the car it statrs backfiring really fast and it only stops when i let go the gas. another thing, im in a red light right when i accelerate engine doesnt even sound it does like if it was off while holding the gas but as soon as i let it go starts right back up, also when i flore the car instead of pushing me like picking up it holds me back like if its really slow. it only does it some times not always but i want to fix it. thanx to all you guys for you help.... :confused:

Two words: Leak & Boost. Arrange them in a way as to where they make some sort of sense.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
check ALL ic pipes. and for good measure check your timing. if your timing is off it could back fire rapidly as youve described under boost.

M

Mk3 Turbo

ok guys i cheked for error codes and code 51 came up, it says TPS circuit or TPS :bigun2: how do i fix the circuit? im about to shoot my self ive been with this for like a week now.....