i think im hiting fuel cut

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
ok when i floor it and boost like 8 lbs my car starts to feel like the timings retarding...but i know its on i just did all that when i did the hg . i just got the supra a while back and this is realy the first couple times ive got into it . i think its the fuel cut i had a 944 turbo that i turned the boost up to 20 and it didnt even have a fuel cut...so i realy dont know how to bypass it ,,,is there something i can buy to bypass it if it is fuel cut? i know they make fuel cut defenders do they work on supras?

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
hittin fuelcut at 8psi is a bit early u checked for a boost leak? i'd say easiest way to up the fuel cut is lexus afm. at least then your getting the added fuel aswell as boost. fcd will just lean ur engine :)

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
when you hit fuelcut, the engine cuts completely out, then comes right back on and will do it again if it can. It's pretty Violent, when you get it you will know it.

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Shima;891649 said:
hittin fuelcut at 8psi is a bit early u checked for a boost leak? i'd say easiest way to up the fuel cut is lexus afm. at least then your getting the added fuel aswell as boost. fcd will just lean ur engine :)

Uh, if you mean just the lex afm without supporting mods, it will also lean out the motor, since it is letting more air past.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
flight doc89;891884 said:
Fuel cut feels like hitting a brick wall and the CEL will come on for a few seconds.

lol I've never hit fuel cut or a brick wall, but I like your analogy.

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
87mgte;891897 said:
lol I've never hit fuel cut or a brick wall, but I like your analogy.

lol, i like you avatar.

Another thing, fuel cut only lasts few tenths of a second (my pants caught on break pedal one runup and hit fuel cut like 3 times in maybe a second)

unless you have a boost leak or bad boost gauge, you not hitting fuel cut. it can be -10 degrees and weather man puts the big 'H' right up your ass, and you not going to hit fuel cut at 8psi without a boostleak. look for fuel cut at ~14psi.

EDIT: it sounds like a boost leak to me. you'll be making good power, then it changes pitch and starts to bog some (may still be acceleratin, but noticeable power loss).
check intake hoses, and check the peice connecting 3000 pipe to throttle body (that one always seems to be the culprit)

can somebody answer this (cuz i have no idea) : when your car runs rich under boost leak, is it running rich enough to cause black exhaust (just as a tell-tale). maybe have someone follow you and look for black smoke? I get a puff of smoke when my BOV dumps if i'm doing a runup (occasionally a blue flame too :D )

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
eman2289;891878 said:
Uh, if you mean just the lex afm without supporting mods, it will also lean out the motor, since it is letting more air past.

oopsies my bad i knew i mised something 550's :D

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
i know this sounds dumb but u checked ur fuel filter or anything in the fuel line for cloging. i find my stupid civic ran fine but when u put the foot down the thing just bogged down it was due to my fuel filter needing changed.

(don't hurt me was just an idea)

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
na i dont think its fc anymore....my spark plugs are cheap ass autolite coppers. im gonna change them out soon and see if it makes a difference...its fine at idle and when i rev it but when im WOTgoin down the road at bout 48 it feels like a revlimiter...we will see what happens after plugs nad wires