I think I found my new Drift car...*VID*

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Wow, that thing sounds like lucifer is coming outta the ground when its rippin though those turns.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Yep, nothing like sliding around in a semi truck...

Done it a few times in the mud years ago when I worked for Nestle...

Even with loaded trailers.... (Not as extreme, but they were sliding sideways in the mud, and it took a 8 wheel articulated CASE tractor and some left over boat tow line to pull them free of the mud......

Ever see a 8" diameter nylon line streatched down to about 4"? It's scary to say the least... All that energy, if the line snapped, it would really cause some damage. (We had one guy working there who was injured a few years before using a chain to do this... The chain stretched, snapped, and the "clevis" came into the cab of the truck, after bouncing off an acetelene tank, and whacked him in the noggin. (He now has lifetime memory loss, and a plate in his skull to patch up the hole left by the chain/clevis... ) He's lucky it did not kill him.

We were pulling more than 80,000lbs of vehicle and spuds... in 4 to 10" of mud and muck during the spring thaw. (It would freeze up at night, and you could get out fine, but when it started to thaw out during the day, it was a total mess.) Even the huge CASE tractor would slide around it was so slick.

I really don't miss my old job talking about this stuff... LOL