I think I figured out my boost problem. Stock BPV?

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
Been doing some more boost leak testing, blocking off different areas and testing different sections. Did it with between the compressor housing and before the throttle boddy with the BPV on and noticed that the BPV was not holding a lot of PSI. Maybe > 2-3psi. I can't blow through it but when it starts to build pressure it starts to let are by slowly, then starts to flutter and fart air through.

So i'm guessing thats my issue. Going to get a Bosch BPV. But was wondering how bad it would be to run without a BPV to test and make sure thats my problem.

edit: I'm running about 7-8psi with Apexi Intake. Everything else is stock.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
if you dont run with a BPV it can cause compresor surge which is pretty bad on the turbo causing the turbo to spin backwards forcing exhaust to be forced back in to the combustion chamber

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
I figured that much. I guess I will get a new BOV and see if it fixies it. Nothing wrong with getting a new one anyway. Anybody know where I can find a Bosch 110 BPV? Every one that i've seen has been the lower model number.

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
Thanks. Still $69. Was hoping for cheaper, since all the write ups say they are cheap. But maybe that was a few years ago.

Also, whats worse? Run with No BOV or run with a leaking BOV?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
drewsh666;1520424 said:
if you dont run with a BPV it can cause compresor surge which is pretty bad on the turbo causing the turbo to spin backwards forcing exhaust to be forced back in to the combustion chamber

No, the turbo doesn't spin backwards or force exhaust back into the combustion chamber. Where do people come up with this?

mecevans;1520437 said:
935 motorsport

Might want to read up on 935... http://www.supramania.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?53-Shop-reviews

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
Son of a B*&#h!! I got a new Bosch 110 bypass valve from Saab and....

It didn't fix it! It seemed to help and was definately needed. No more BOV Flutter. But its still bogging around 3500 rpms. Boost comes on strong and gauge goes up to about 7-8psi then it just bogs. No CEL and no codes.

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
I've checked. Its set to 10 degrees with the jumpers on. Going to try a different AFM, Coilpacks, and/or igniter to see if they are good.