i need YOUR innovation!!

knucklebuster

Jan 17, 2010
St. Louis
My last post was about the fuel line bracket and how it needs to be replaced. Well, i called Toyota and few other places and NOONE makes or produces that part anymore. Its just a fuel line bracket with a banjo fitting on each side. That fitting is stripped out beyond repair. Now i have to find someway to bypass that bracket. Does anyone have any ideas of things to do, like cut the hard lines before the banjo fittings and connect the two pipes somehow? Anything?

Attachments

• supramania 1..jpg
    supramania 1..jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 24
  • supramania2..jpg
    supramania2..jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 20

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
knucklebuster;1565181 said:
My last post was about the fuel line bracket and how it needs to be replaced. Well, i called Toyota and few other places and NOONE makes or produces that part anymore. Its just a fuel line bracket with a banjo fitting on each side. That fitting is stripped out beyond repair. Now i have to find someway to bypass that bracket. Does anyone have any ideas of things to do, like cut the hard lines before the banjo fittings and connect the two pipes somehow? Anything?

You could replace the entire thing from the rail, or just like you side cut the hardlines, maybe flare them a little, and put a hose on with clamps..

OR, just ask someone who's parting their supra for that piece. There's enough junk 7M's out there where someone's got to have it. I used to have an extra but I think I threw it out. I'll check though.

-Mike

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
In the past I just cut the bottom steel hard line, flared the line, then made an AN fitting style, braided steel hose to go to the fuel rail. DO NOT USE RUBBER HOSE AND HOSE CLAMPS for the replacement of this part.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
First, you'll need one of these.

l_88-0108-1.jpg

You'll need to use it like this:

[video=youtube;qNePrGR1D-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNePrGR1D-s[/video]

And then you'll need to follow along here, for using the AN style fittings:

http://www.summitracing.com/expertadvice/slideshow.aspx?StoryId=56af17e7-5fe2-4977-8013-42508f100fff

Have fun.