i need to make a quick decision::: help

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
holy crap i wrote up a huge reply on my ipod touch and it apparently didnt come through. that really sucks.
so its brilliant (sarcasm) how they have the pcv/crankcase breather hoses coming to the top of the accordion tube (notorious for oil leaking through) right above the vacuum hose for the pwr steering valve.
its no wonder why peoples power steering goes bad. that valve probably goes bad on every car. now i need a catch-can. ill probably make one. (any designs?)
for the time being i hooked it all up the way it is oem. started the car after sitting for a few weeks and then it just died. didnt even get a chance to turn the steering wheel (i let it idle while i got all 4 wheels back on the ground to test the steering) before it died.
so now it cranks but wont fire. i got spark i put some gas in it even tried some starter fluid and nothing.
im pretty sure the connection between the afm and the clip is good. something i noticed though is that if my battery is hooked up the fuel pump is on constantly. (fyi: the smart guy before me has it hooked up to a push-button start and im not sure how he has it hooked up). i turn the key to off and the pump is still on. and i can hear it gargling at the intake mani.

im so frustrated right now. maybe its just flooded cause the stupid fuel pump.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
That valve is only for idle up. Basicly it's a controlled vacuum leak when the pump is under load so you don't stall or get weak steering while idling around parking lots.

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
yeah i know. i was thinking about that too.

so i think i figured out my cars problem. either battery or alternator. i charge it, it starts and runs for a while then dies. and wont start again. repeat that over and over. haha.