i need some help with 7mgte assembly

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
Ok so i have been building a 7mgte for a while now and i have never seen how it was assembled, when i bought it it was in boxes already taken apart... i am almost finished with it but i need help with a few things please. First of i need help with the vaccum lines, my main issue on this subject is that all the diagrams i have seen show two spots for vaccum hook up on the throttle body, mine only has one. second off where do i hook up my boost gauge to if i use an after market one. and last, dont think im an idiot but i went to install my brand new ct26 and i am stumped with a few things. so on the bottom of the turbo is where the oil inlet/outlet goes, and on the side closest to the exhaust manifold is where the water inlet/outlet goes, well on the opposite side of the turbo there is another hole the same size as the water inlet/outlet... so what do i do with this? is there supposed to be some sort of a block off plate or something? im lost guys i need help asap thanks!!!

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
Use a T to feed your boost gauge from the vacuum line off the nipple on the back of the intake manifold. What do you mean you only have one nipple from the throttle body? Pictures would help with that. If i remember from the last time i pulled mine off, yes there should be a plate over the third hole on the turbo.

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
which nipple on the back of the manifold do i use for the boost? and here are some pictures of the throttle body and a diagram to go with it for comparison. looking at the top picture in this diagram there is two nipples for vacuum on the throttle body
sm_photo_missing.jpg

here is my throttle body, only one nipple
p1679576_1.jpg

and here is my turbo problem, first off there is two of the same hook up for the coolant, and second i need to rotate the middle section because the hook up for the oil is on the top and it needs to be on the bottom thanks guys
top of the turbo
p1679576_2.jpg

the opposite side
p1679576_3.jpg

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
I don't feel like looking for a picture because i'm lazy lol. There is a vacuum nipple on the very back of your intake manifold near the EGR that points directly towards the firewall. The vacuum line from it goes across the rear of the engine bay towards the charcoal canister. Cut this line and use a vacuum T to hook up your gauge. I'm guessing your motor has been swapped because that is a JDM throttle body. If you look it up, they only have one vacuum nipple. The two holes that are directly across from each other on your turbo are oil feed/return. The lower of the two is your return. The last port with two different holes if for your coolant. It goes in and out through the same flange.

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
ok well that helps some. so what do i not hook up on the throttle body? and i know for a fact that the hole on the turbo that has two together on the same flange is for the oil because the flange on the hard oil line is the same size, and how do i rotate the middle section of the turbo so that the oil line is on the bottom?

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
If you want me to build your car for you sign the title over to me. There is plenty of information out there on everything you're asking. If i can find it, so can you. Remove the c-clamp to turn the compressor housing, but i wouldn't recommend that if you don't know what you're doing. Why did you buy a turbo that is clocked wrong?

Smartparts

Dec 14, 2010
CT
Note the positioning of the the compressor housing:

this show shows the oil
GEDC0184.JPG

This shot shows where the dipstick was bolted to
GEDC0185.JPG

This shot shows the top water cooling portion. It looks like my housing is situated different
GEDC0186.JPG

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
ya your housing is situated different, that is my problem lol i cant seem to figure out how to turn the entire middle section (between the two housings) thats what i need help with, but thanks a million for the pictures smartparts, it helps alot :) so if anyone can give me some pointers on how to rotate only the middle section that would be greatly appreciated

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
The hot side has a clamp much like a v-band, and the compressor has a giant c-clip. Remove both housings and position the center section however you feel necessary. Note, the housings will need some persuasion for removal.

Smartparts

Dec 14, 2010
CT
Make sure you are careful if you are using any sort of persuasion. You don't want to damage the turbine or compressor wheels at all.

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
ok i will see what i can do. so is it necessary to completely remove both housings or can i just loosen the clamps and turn the middle section then tighten them again? just asking cause im new to turbos