i need help with my fuel prob.

mike86supra

Nov 26, 2008
connecticut
my supra was runnin 3 weeks ago. i didnt gave it back then but my dads co worker who owned it told me the last time it drove he couldnt let off the gas, even when he stopped. he had to give it enough fuel or else it would stall. it stalled twice on him. the first time it did he fired it up but he still had to give it enough gas. the last time he was going up a hill and didnt give it enough so it surned off and didnt turn back on. could it be a clogged fuel filter, a bad fuel pump?? or maybe even something ignition-wise, because it does have a push button start if it could of ruined something.. someone please shed their knowledge. i could really use the help

lea2dan

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, NC
I just put a new engine in my supra and had this problem. It was because of the high pressure gas lines.. Was building up enough pressure.. Hope this helps

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
lea2dan;1221392 said:
I just put a new engine in my supra and had this problem. It was because of the high pressure gas lines.. Was building up enough pressure.. Hope this helps

Huh?

I didn't understand that at all. Are you saying your high pressure gas lines somehow prevented your fuel system from getting up to operating pressure?