i need help, another no start thread

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
hey,

i have an 88 supra turbo with a 89 engine and auto harness. i just did the swap and got it running good. all the sudden it died, and now i cant get it to start. the tach isnt moving at all. ive tried wiggling the cps wires, nothing happens. i tried checking for codes, but i found a blown ecu fuse, i changed it and for some reason it keeps blowing the ecu fuse. im guessing that is part of the problem but it did run good, then this happened. any ideas on where to start? any help will be appriciated. btw ive searched alot but im not finding much that is helpful to me.

Thanks,
Matt

Aspec

Supra uber alles
Dec 22, 2005
Surprise, AZ
highnitro12187;1024585 said:
hey,

i have an 88 supra turbo with a 89 engine and auto harness. i just did the swap and got it running good. all the sudden it died, and now i cant get it to start. the tach isnt moving at all. ive tried wiggling the cps wires, nothing happens. i tried checking for codes, but i found a blown ecu fuse, i changed it and for some reason it keeps blowing the ecu fuse. im guessing that is part of the problem but it did run good, then this happened. any ideas on where to start? any help will be appriciated. btw ive searched alot but im not finding much that is helpful to me.

Thanks,
Matt

Sounds like you have a short in that circuit and the fuse is doing it's job. Time to start running down the wiring and find where you pinched or cut it.

Start here:

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=46

The next page shows the fuse in question. Do yourself a favor and look at the entire wiring diagram.

edit: This is good also:

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=036

_

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
so i think ive kinda tracked down part of my problem. the ecu fuse will only blow when you try to start the car. does this mean my problem may in the starter wiring?

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Pull out a multimeter, follow the diagrams Aspec posted and start the diagnostic process.
Pull any codes if possible.

Aspec

Supra uber alles
Dec 22, 2005
Surprise, AZ
highnitro12187;1026505 said:
so i think ive kinda tracked down part of my problem. the ecu fuse will only blow when you try to start the car. does this mean my problem may in the starter wiring?

Well there's your problem... Stop trying to start your car and you won't have to keep replacing fuses.

_

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
It's just trying to save you from a BHG! Wish my car was that nice.

On a more serious note, you've been told how to find the problem. Trace the wiring in the circuit diagrams posted until you find the short. I'd say it's likely an old, brittle wire snapped somewhere and it's now grounding out. Find it!