I know this is off topic but it will be noticed in this section MUST READ!!!!!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ugly story... however, I fail to see how it applies. Forged Performance doesn't do work on Toyotas, from what I can see. They aren't a vendor here, and as far as I can tell none of the members has ever had any dealings with them.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
ok and not all the members have just toyotas either and even though they aren't a vendor doesn't mean I can't post for people who in the future who may want to use them I didn't say don't take your toyota here

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
BryanDyer;1938439 said:
ok and not all the members have just toyotas either and even though they aren't a vendor doesn't mean I can't post for people who in the future who may want to use them I didn't say don't take your toyota here
We already have a forum for that here.
-AM3

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Wow, thank you soo much for posting this... I was just about to close out a $250,000 deal with Forged to get my supra to 1300 HP...... I knew there was something sneaky about them when they all started giving me the evil laugh aftet I signed the first contract and they assured me a blood seal was necessary to continue....... Should have known..... Ugh....

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
lol there have been a lot of people reporting shitty work from them lately for different cars..one guys 350 got completely screwed from too to bottom so he's reported them to the ga business bureau
I only posted this to show they really don't do good work or really know what they are doing just to show if someone does want to use them to think about it before they do so they don't end up in a money pit and needing a new motor and not getting parts back or anything lol
that guys was the worst so far

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
soon people will be getting there cars back with the turbo welded to their differential and the exhaust routed to the interior haha

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Oddly, I'm siding with Forged on this one going off of the better info on Jalopnik. I usually throw a shop under the bus, but in this case it sounds like a whole lot of bullshit...

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
well he definately defended himself, seems like it was more his employees then him self and he even offered a fix but the guy took his car to the competition thats a big kick in the ass. basically saying f**k you for all the work you've done when he offered to fix it a third time properly and have a third party inspect it for him. Not to mention the guy caused the wait, although the fact their is multiple complaints either shows the owner has too much faith in his employees or isn't around to keep a eye. Although shit does go wrong, but all I see besides the GTR is a 350z and a lotus with problems at FP. pretty good for a decade of modifications lol

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
and I agree it is both of their faults but I thought this was interesting and just though peolle should be wanted becuase it could happen to someone else he must not be Paying close attention like you said so his workers just do a half ass job becuase they still get paid

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Poodles;1938498 said:
Oddly, I'm siding with Forged on this one going off of the better info on Jalopnik. I usually throw a shop under the bus, but in this case it sounds like a whole lot of bullshit...

Yeah Im with you on that, something's off about the whole thing

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
yhatzee89;1938610 said:
Yeah Im with you on that, something's off about the whole thing

yeah if you read it carefully the guy just kept saying ok to everything that need to be added on so that parts his fault
the other fault is the guy probably not paying attention to his workers well enough but idk I just thought it was interesting

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
BryanDyer;1938594 said:
250k$ I just can't believe he spent that much haha he could have bought like 4 base model gtrs with that money! lol

But he didn't spend that much on this car, he's spent that much over a few years on several different cars.

BryanDyer;1938611 said:
yeah if you read it carefully the guy just kept saying ok to everything that need to be added on so that parts his fault
the other fault is the guy probably not paying attention to his workers well enough but idk I just thought it was interesting

The owner kept changing what he wanted done to it, he wasn't saying yes to the shop.

More info here: http://jalopnik.com/nissan-gt-r-owner-claims-he-blew-250-000-on-shoddy-tun-504630131

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Dude has cash flow like that, should have drove the car to Vegas and Virtual Works Racing FTW!

922691_607307909279473_2053720447_n.jpg

534704_523311367679128_1915347786_n.jpg