i just threw up in my mouth

lanternman

Apr 21, 2005
MI
outofstep said:
That's high 13s in the 1/4. If you ran a C5 on the highway, he must not have realized you were racing him...

Now you're being ignorant. I realize where you are coming from with alot of the bs that goes around with whats fast and what isn't but I ran a high 12 in the 1/4 with 8.187 @ 86.88 mph in the 1/8th, so obviously he has enough power to run a c5 on the highway, he probably just doesn't launch very well at the drag strip. Power does not equal et, especially with supras, right?

I would say most people don't like this car because of the looks of the body kit and wing, both look oversized and gaudy. I also don't like the look of the shifter in the car, it's taking an old car and putting even older and uglier parts in it. You come in here and immediately act like everyone will bash it simply because it has a v8. It should also be noted that you posted first and didn't allow anyone to show their preference one way or the other before you issued your challenge. Personally if it was cleanly done, it wouldn't bother me one bit, but it definitely doesn't impress either way. As far as how fast this particular car is, w/ the 4.30 gears and a 3 speed auto, it would be lucky to be able to cruise in the slow lane on the freeway, and get 12mpg, but I guess it's worth it because it's fast, huh?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't want to get an arguement started again. I'm real slow out of the whole. I could never get my tires to hook up. My fastest 60' time is 2.2 Most of them are 2.3's. I now have some nitto drag radials, but it will be spring before I get to run them again. I am putting in a new motor so I won't have it ready to run again until spring anyways. Hopefully I can get my 60' times down, but my cams are going to hurt me out of the hole again.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
hah, your cams might let you get some traction out of the hole, helping you lol.
(flame retardant suit on)
but on the topic now, i have comtemplated putting a 350 or an ls1 into my supra because they are easier and cheeper to make power out of. there is a kit that will bolt an aisin tranny to the 350 and that is making it easier in my book. i wouldnt mind 350 in my supra because i didnt buy the car for the motor, i bought it for the look. and hell, its so much easier to drop in than a jz, no hacking up wiring and its got a carb and it fits. just gotta figure out the mounts and bolt it up and get a y pipe made. an all aluminum block and head weighs the same(roughly) as the 7m. and what happens when you bolt up a turbo or two to the 350, you are seeing numbers that blow up the 7m.
[/rant]

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I would never flame you 4ever. I didn't come in here to flame anyone. I think my car will outrun that car and that's all there was to it. I've raced alot of domestics and they dont' impress me. Now I'm not saying I could outrun a c6 corvette or anything like that. I know what my car is capable of and this was based solely on my opinion. I dont' like getting in pissing contests. I think it makes you look childish. That too is my opinion...............lol

I did think about the cams helping me a little about not having so much torque at takeoff, but I thought if I put that then I would be setting myself up for another bashing.................:biglaugh:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
im glad that i said it then, and the flame suit was not towards you, it was towards everyone that would chastise me for putting a non-toyota-group part in a toyota. i have a high respect for you hero, and i feel that you wouldnt flame anyone. heated discussion yes, flame war no

ninja- besides, you have a 1j now, you dont have any torque. LOL jk

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm a torque less, non flaming, God fearing, blue metallic suprahero.

There's got to be worse things in life.....................lol

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
yep. he hit it dead on.

worse things: michael jackson becoming a dept store santa.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Clip said:
whens it bedtime at neverland ranch?

when the big hand touches the little hand.

OH that's some funny shit, but wrong in so many ways..................:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
kwnate said:
Funny timing, just today I was thinking about an Ls1 for my NA :aigo:

Forget that Ls1 monster and go for a torquless 1jz. I promise I won't hold it against you. You'll still have the strap breaking 7mgte, so you won't lose your mancard. I on the other hand will forever be defending my manhood............:biglaugh:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
kwnate said:
Funny timing, just today I was thinking about an Ls1 for my NA :aigo:

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_gmax15.htm
they make the adaptor, and IIRC it will work on the r154
if you make motormount adaptors for the early style mounts, you might have someone to sell them to (if they will work on a 350 not an LS1):naughty:

edit- does the 350 and the ls1 have the same mounting points on the case?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
yeah, and the sidepipes are blatently illegal, exhaust needs to end past the cabin of the car, and the cabin ends at the end of the liftback. good bye emissions

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Emissions? What's that......................:biglaugh:

O.K. now this constitutes as postwhoring and I had better quit. I'm on a short list somewheres I just know it.............good night to all.