I hate that...

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I hate that every single abnormal noise is attributed to rod knock with these cars. For example just today I was going around a corner and I kinda got on it coming out of the corner. My exhaust very rhythmically rattled, and my heart dropped. I thought my engine was about to kick the bucket. I parked it, revved it to around 2500 and there were no abnormal noises. It sounded like a sewing machine. Checked the oil (thought maybe it was low and I starved it of oil around the corner) and it was full. Drove it for ~30 miles on the highway and it still sounds like a sewing machine, the same as it always had.

What do you guys hate about these cars? Lol

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
The trunk noise is what I hate. Oddly enough my 7M has been pretty stout for holding 12psi every time I drive it and having 235k on the block.

Currently I'm hating 87/88 trim (found that mine is definitely rusted) and my driver door. The door is my own fault though as 2 of the latch bolts broke. Instead of grabbing 1 from the passenger side to last me until I made it to Toyota to buy $3 worth of parts I put a random bolt that I had lying around in there. Stupid me used one with a head on it (stock are flush). I got it to close/open a couple times (better than it ever had mind you) and suddenly it got stuck closed. That was over 4 months ago. Thankfully the interior trim is out and I was able to unlock/unlatch it but it still won't budge. It's going to the dealer later this month as I'm tired of trying and will end up taking a stick of dynamite to it soon.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I hate the paint on my drivers side quarter! And the fact that I can't trust my 7M lol. Although I've gotten better about that...

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
tumblr_lqn5s7UAGo1r04cnjo1_400.jpg

supra1jz

Apr 14, 2008
Auburn, Georgia, United States
I hate when supra owners talk bad about there own car take car of your car and fix it right and you can have a trusted 7m I've own my 7m for 8 year and I will drive that car anywhere with out a problem turns on every morning and ac still nice and cold.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Wildfire007;1964474 said:
I hate that people, especially other Supra owners, talk like a perfectly running MK3 can't even make a 45min drive without breaking down.

Since I've owned mine I've made:

9 Eight hour drives (Orlando to TN)
5 Four hour drives (Daytona to Tampa, Orlando to Jacksonville...)
A LOT of 2-3 hour drives (Orlando to Tampa, Orlando to Miami...)

The only problem I had with any of them was a coolant hose under the intake manifold 10 minutes in on one of the Orlando to Tampa runs. I repaired it Road Kill style on the side of the road and was still at my destination quicker than I thought I'd be. Which makes me say: I HATE THE ROADS IN MICHIGAN!!!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Backlash2032;1964435 said:
What do you guys hate about these cars? Lol

Just the other owners. All cars have a bearing problem when you dilute the oil with coolant.

Sent by keyboard from HP.

Last edited:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
I hate dickheads that don't use punctuation and their spelling sucks they just use run on sentences I cant keep up with what the fuck they are saying plus they spell like they type if you do it fuck you I hate you

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
I hate that I can never be satisfied with what I have...."I'm gonna replace this head gasket...nah I'm gonna replace this whole head...better replace the whole top end....nah I'm gonna tear down the whole thing and rebuild it...now I need some power adders....well since I have some power now I have to make it look good, so I need some new replacement parts and shiny everything, better get a nice color theme engine bay going too...well shit can't have a nice motor in a rough looking car...my god you freaking idiot do you ever want to drive this thing?????"