I gots VTEC in my trunk yo!!! How I'm funding my single upgrade (pics)

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
This is how I plan on funding all the parts required to do my single upgrade. I had no other way to pickup the D16 engine except to put it in my wifes trunk. I drove 80 miles back down the NJ Turnpike with this go kart engine in the back. Pretty ghetto, but it did just fine back there. Also is a pic of the 94' civic Si that it went it. I picked up the engine yesterday and it is already in the civic. It's just about driveable. I'm going to be selling it to fund the turbo stuff. So, keep an eye out for it being for sale soon. Its gonna be awesome on gas mileage.

On with the pics...

p892740_1.jpg

p892740_2.jpg

p892740_3.jpg

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Haha, the Accord is my wifes and I plan on selling the civic. Remember I have the Supra and the IS300 ;) So, the mancard will stay intact :)

I have a little bit of body work to do and maybe get it sprayed at Maaco. I was thinking $2500-3000. The kids around here love these little cars.

This little civic is pretty much a profit car. The interior is in very good shape. Should sell pretty easily.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Kai;892777 said:
I love the D16A6....sweet little 1.6....very fuel inefficient for its size, but i cant complain at an engine that kicks out 130bhp when the best Ford Zetec 1.6 only kicked out 95 :/

It's the D16Z6. VTAK!!! :D But, 130hp out a car that weighs next to nothing isn't too shabby. I wouldn't drive it though. Well, maybe as a DD with great MPG.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I actually have another Z6 head that I'm going to try selling. BTW, I had to google what in the hell a "bollard" was. What is a Rover? Not like Range Rover right?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Erm - no. Rover was a car company (although it used to own Land Rover/Freight Rover/Range Rover) - the last british car manufacturer - went bust in 2005 :(

They made some interesting cars in their time...Rover SD1 being one of my favourites...

I had one of these:
DSC00459.JPG

Although that one is an LHD one. Same colour as mine was though...

Last edited:

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Oh, alright. Looks like a fun little car.

I might add some pics tomorrow of the small restoration. I bought the car with the interior completely stripped out, minus the dash.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
The Civic is it an auto by chance? I might be interested in it when you're finished. I've been looking for something like that to DD for a while now, but haven't come across any that fit what I was looking for.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Sorry, it is a manual. I'm probably not going to have the time to ship it though. I'm going to be very busy for the next few months.