I Got Pics!

Wh1t3T1g3r

The Dreamer
Feb 11, 2008
New Hampshire
Okay so here we go. I bought this car back in December of 2006. First time I had ever had the chance to look at a Supra very closely. Even though it looked like it had been through hell and back, but at least the interior was nice. That is excluding the fron leather seats that were torn up. I decided this car was going to be mine. I asked the owned what was wrong with it and he said it had an oil leak and a blown head gasket. I asked my buddy that came with me if that was hard to fix and he said not really. So i trusted his word...Then i later found out that it is a pain to take the head off because you had to take off everything else too, not to mention the car had more wrong with it than just a head Blown Head Gasket and an oil leak. I bought the car anyways with the aspiration of owning my very own Supra. It was a very rewarding experience. So next came the fun part; I had to tow it back to where I lived bacause I picked it up about two hours away. It wasn't bad considering the tow guy was my friend's uncle. So it ended up in my friend's backyard in the middle of winter. I was determined to fix this car by the spring. So I called anyone of my friends that did mechanical work to their cars and none of them could help me. The only things that came off were the valve covers and the throttle body. After that they were lost. So I talked to my cousin and asked her for advice. She said, you know I have a cousin who has a Supra, he talks about it all the time. So I got his number and he checked it out and it wasn't long before we started to get to work. It didn't help that I am a perfectionist at heart so when we started, i wanted to make sure everything was gonna go smooth and we finished whatever we started on each day.

My Supra (Under Construction) 001.jpg

My Supra (Under Construction) 008.jpg

My Supra (Under Construction) 009.jpg

My Supra (Under Construction) 010.jpg

Just a little more... 017.jpg
This one was taken at a later date, but that's how it looked

:1zhelp: Can someone show me how to upload more pictures Because I have a lot more where that came from and it says the maximum upload of pictures is 5?

Last edited:

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
welcome to SM seems like you have a good project going on there also i dont think there is a way to post more then 5 then to post another post with more pics :) unless you hosted them from some where else.

Wh1t3T1g3r

The Dreamer
Feb 11, 2008
New Hampshire
good call man. thanks!

ok so here are some more pics.

My Supra (Under Construction) 2 014.jpg

My Supra (Under Construction) 2 016.jpg

My Supra (Under Construction) 3 016.jpg
This was right after we took the head off.
My Supra (Under Construction) 3 018.jpg
coolant in your block, not good.
My Supra (Under Construction) 3 009.jpg

Last edited:

Wh1t3T1g3r

The Dreamer
Feb 11, 2008
New Hampshire
The car is actually finished now, but i'm just showing the pictures from when I was working on it until the most recent pics I have.

Just a little more... 028.jpg

Just a little more... 029.jpg
yes my subframes look horrible. That's my next project. So if anybody know where I can get 89+ subframes in good condition, that would be awesome.
Just a little more... 031.jpg
Yes that was my exhuast, until I cut off and replaced it.
Just a little more... 033.jpg

Just a little more... 034.jpg

Last edited:

Wh1t3T1g3r

The Dreamer
Feb 11, 2008
New Hampshire
100_0042.JPG
Finally it was time we took it out.
100_0046.JPG
no i didn't really kiss the engine that would be gross...although I do remember my lips tasting like grease and oil afterwards...I guess that's I like to call 7M love.
100_0051.JPG

100_0053.JPG
Driving on hopes and dreams
100_0057.JPG

Wh1t3T1g3r

The Dreamer
Feb 11, 2008
New Hampshire
My Supra (Cleaning Parts) 1 001.jpg
Cleaning parts is very time consuming.
100_0192.JPG
A jumbalaya of parts.
100_0199.JPG
I love that color, it took me so long to get it just right.
100_1022.JPG
It turns out that when we took the block out, we found out that the block had a broken rod, so I guess that meant it was a good thing we took it out and examined it.
After... 005.jpg

Last edited:

Wh1t3T1g3r

The Dreamer
Feb 11, 2008
New Hampshire
This is what it looked like in September when we finally finished the car.
I have to say, it was one of the greatest feelings in the world to hear an engine start after working on the car for almost six months due to horrible weather cconditions and lack of money.

She Lives Again 001.jpg
This was before I cleaned the engine bay.
100_0187.JPG
This car was the donor that we took the block from. (87 N/A Auto)
Supra at Home 002.jpg
This is what the engined looked like when I finally took it home.
Supra at Home 006.jpg
This is my car now
Supra at Home 007.jpg
The End. That is, until I do some more modifications to the car.

Wh1t3T1g3r

The Dreamer
Feb 11, 2008
New Hampshire
actually yes. I want to first swap both the front and rear subframes to 89+ subframes and then after I finally get it cleaned up, I want to swap a 1jz into it. Then paint it lol. At the moment i'm just trying to fix the little bugs since we got it running. For the most part, I have fixed everything except for the fact that sometimes the car feels like it lacks a little power. I know this because I drove my friends N/A and his felt like it hauled ass! I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Wow. Welcome to SM. Looks/sounds like you have put a lot of work into your project. Feels good knowing that you can do it yourself doesn't it. Anyway, I'm Dunckel (it's what my friends call me) the most likable mod here. If you need anything, just yell.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
We only like him because he has a pretty pussy....................cat that it.............:biglaugh:

Welcome to Supramania, and good luck with getting the bugs out of your project.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Make a build thread, you could go into more detail there and update it as you go along. Glad to see you really took care of the supra. Welcome to sm