I got a misfire to the MAX!

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
starscream5000 said:
It has to be a shielded wire.

IIRC AUX wire is shielded...

alright cool, is it expensive and you know any place that sells it, im a broke kid still in school so every penny counts lol, thanks, o btw funny story about that 67 trim ct-26 lol

Last edited:

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
it probably doesnt "have" to be shielded wire but..i wouldnt want to risk trying using regular wire... look online and find i think its rg58... i think i saw someone on these forums selling some of it i dont remember who or where or when they were selling it though.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
make sure you dont use attenuated wire. and you do want shielded. lots of noise going on that you dont want in the signal.

also, 15 in/vac isnt right. you should pull more than that at idle, unless you are running upgraded cams. still sounds like a boost leak. i chased a problem with mine very similiar, and it ended up being the injector grommets had blown out.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
oo ok ill look for that wire, you think they sell that mess at home depot or somethin and ill do a boost leak test to, any home test for coolant system leak test?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
radio shack or the like would be your best place to find the cable.

yes there is a home test for the coolant, just have to have the proper equipment.