I got a misfire to the MAX!

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
I thought Id ask on here before I go bug driftmotion fpr the 80th time and also to get peoples thought in this problem, ok, I replaced spark plugs on my car and now it misses but only at a certain point, the missing begins around 4,000 rpm and about 6 psi of boost, so as soon as that happens power is lost and I get a fatty misfire, my fpr is little whack too but Im sure its not causing the problem, and the plugs are those E3's thats all they had up here in victorville i was a little pissed cause they had 6 NGK Irdiums but o well, let me know what you guys think. Timing, the plugs, wires?

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
O forgot to add I dont think its a vaccum problem either casuse my gauge says 15 psi of vaccum at idle and 20 when I let off the throtle well I think thats where its suppose to be idk I may be full of crap there.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
o yea got a code 52 and my valves are load as shit, I think they might need adjusting or timing done, help a brother out anyone?

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
ok im just gonna call driftmotion im not gettin any answers lol, i guess i confussed people on the way i said it. dave, aaron expect a call tomorow :D

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
code 52 would explain why it seems to miss and feel lack of power, do a KS rewire and if that doesnt help then you can call driftmotion. i cant remember the link but it was fairly simple to do. and i believe someone on this forum sells a rewire kit.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
yea thats what i was told thanks ok i guess ill do it, if anyone can find that link that would be great cause I used search and it was no bueno.

veedubin

Official SM Decals
GET RID OF THE E3's !!!!

made the same mistake already, when i wewnt back to advanced auto and said they were junk he told me there was a recall on them. I got myself a set of NGK OE plugs one heat range colder for free! well the E3's were like $3.98 and the gave me the NGK's for that price ( reg. $18.98)

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
veedubin said:
GET RID OF THE E3's !!!!

made the same mistake already, when i wewnt back to advanced auto and said they were junk he told me there was a recall on them. I got myself a set of NGK OE plugs one heat range colder for free! well the E3's were like $3.98 and the gave me the NGK's for that price ( reg. $18.98)

yea thats what I thought was gonna happen when i bought them but i needed them so i could get around, Ill take them back supposibly they have a 5 year warranty lol

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
wholly impatient batman! Sometimes it takes mroe then 3 hours, especially at midnight/early morning on weekdays.

A mod list would help. How is your FPR "wack"?

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
well I got a fpr without a gauge so I have no clue how much fuel is getting to the rail lol, but any who, any sign of that theread on how to wire up that knock sensor? or could you guys tell me what wire it is coming out of the ecu, and POS E3's arent gapable, kinda like irduims, but anyways im takin thenm back for irdium ngks, all mods are on my car is, 550cc injectors, fpr, lexus afm, k@N filter, hks 3 inch down pipe, blitz NUR spec full exhast, ROSS .020 over pistons, arp rod bolts NA cam shafts, more to come but thats all the really matters towards my problems

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
ok I switched out the plugs for platnium boschs cause once again no one had the ngks I wanted, the car performed 80% better once that engine light is solved I should be cookn thanks guys for the help.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Just an FYI, you CAN gap iridiums, the manufacturers (sp?) just tell you not too because some swinging dick is going to come along with one of those round gapping tools that fit on your keychain and try to gap with that, instead of using the proper tool for the job, which is only 5-6 bucks.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
starscream5000 said:
Just an FYI, you CAN gap iridiums, the manufacturers (sp?) just tell you not too because some swinging dick is going to come along with one of those round gapping tools that fit on your keychain and try to gap with that, instead of using the proper tool for the job, which is only 5-6 bucks.

I dont have iridiums I have those E3s and they look even possible to gap lol but whatever I got those bosch and thier working fine

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
thanks for the link, is net cable really that important can I just run really thick wire, well at least thicker than the orignal KS wire, and if not where can I find net wire at?