Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Keep-off-the-Lawn.gif

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Hommer - The problem is sometimes you post the way you *think* it works...this thread is a perfect example:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70856

Some folks here have a very good idea of how the ECU works and it's backed up with Toyota documentation...JJ is without a doubt the best concerning the ECU. Yet you will still state the way you *think* it works, even when confronted with the facts. That indicates you are not willing to learn how this car works, but will continue to try and pound that square peg into a round hole. You've followed the same path when it comes to some aspects of your "modification plan".

It's fine to do whatever you want...like I've said before, it's your car. But, when it comes to offering advice on areas of this car you are obviously not up-to-speed on, you can expect to get slapped pretty hard. Misinformation is rampant concerning certain systems on the Mk III...the last thing anyone here needs is more opinion vs the facts. If you're not sure, don't guess and for darn sure don't post what you *think* the answer is...there's a lot of things about this car that is not intuitive to the average Joe.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Hommer, You actually helped me out bud with the sticker removal thread, Thanks.

You're welcome to stay and don't give a fuck with the haters. If you have questions we as a forum have answers.

Just make your intercooler piping shorter. :)

JDUB has a point though. ;)

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
hommer i think its safe to say we all like ya man!! BUT you sometimes come up with stuff thats really far out man....majority of the time your cool and very helpful...now i do not mean to offend you but when people look at your car and read your "off" posts they tend to not trust your advice cause, well your shit is wack....creativity is awesome but unless you start showing evidence your shit works then how can we take you seriously? you made your car look like one of those fucked up hotwheels cars and people here dont like that stuff.....now you take your hotwheels supra and prove that SOB lays down a steady 400hp then you will have some grounds to walk on.

im 100% sure we all see your creativity and your potential in the auto world.....but i think we all here would rather see it used for better things and more useful things...more practical things that 60% of the time work all the time lol....

i give you props that you do your own thing...i personally am a follower when it comes to cars....i know enough about them and how to work on them....but my deal is machining not mechanics.....i do what has already been done then try to step it up a notch if possible....its seems that you could explain a way to make a rubber chicken boost HP and i for one cant do that....i respect you alot but i think you should use your skills in more practical ways.

keep giving your opinions but lay off the coffee and sugar when you post.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
OneJoeZee;1006873 said:
:squint: over what?

He got banned originally for sending out pm's trying to get people to let him do some polishing.........or that was one of the reasons. While he was banned, he threatened Mike with a lawsuit because he couldn't get online to see who's parts he had and get their addresses so he could send them back to them. Mike let him back on so he could finish his business and not cheat our members out of their supra parts. He got the permanent ban from Mike after like two weeks, but he knew it was coming. I guess Mike doesnt like being threatened with litigation..................:biglaugh:

In all fairness to Matt. He was young, but he is a good kid with a hard life ahead of him. His family doesn't set fourth the best examples for him to follow, and I just hope he doesn't follow in their footsteps. I still feel Mike did what he had to do though.

/hijack

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Hommer I don't remember anyone saying anything about you directly, I haven't read anyone call bullshit on your experience or expertise, it's just that some of your ideas are a tad "out there".

I believe the problem is 97% of members in a car community's that specializes in one make or model of car don't see the point in pushing the envelope. Then from that community there will be roughly 2.5% of people who will talk about pushing the envelope but will never do it for a magnitude of reasons. You make up the remaining .5% - Someone who not only talks about pushing said envelope, but will probably do it.

To be honest, I wish other people in the a70 scene had your creativity. Not sure about anybody else, but I'm beginning to tire of 1JZ swaps, Shine Auto lips and MKIV TT wheels - Everyone's car looks the same these days. There isn't anything necessarily wrong with that, but what's gets me is the boo-hoos we get here after each major supra meet about the a70 crowd not "Representing" when nobody makes the effort to do anything unique, and then when somebody (like you) does something interesting, they shoot it down. Hypocrites eh? ;)

You should really have never made this thread though. Doing the internet "Hissy fit" has never got anyone anywhere, looking at st2b. Me and him are of a similar age, but when I ran into problems on SF, I played things a little differently. I left there forum of my accord for a couple of months, then I lost a friend of mine and that really helped me put my life into perspective - The internet ain't shit in the grand scheme of things. Why are you going to let the opinions of people who are several thousand miles away play on your mind? Contrary to popular belief, the internet really isn't serious business ;).

I returned, had a laugh for a couple of weeks and was banned because I didn't agree with the far right idealisms of the moderation team :rolleyes:. I won that battle simply because I didn't let it get to me. I suggest you do the same if you want to survive on the internet.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
If you're going to question every single accepted method of doing anything, and are going to completely disregard the advice of people who have done it 1,000 times, you're going to get flack. Does it mean you are wrong all the time? No.

But remember this, although they laughed at Socrates and Einstein, they also laughed at Pauly Shore. Meaning that even thought the masses mock you, it doesn't preclude you from being an idiot.

Can't handle the heat? Stay out of the fire. Or more clearly:

nancyboy.jpg
severe.jpg

P.S. - This final comment isn't for Homer but for some of you other people: Using the term "haters" automatically identifies you as a whining little child who can't comprehend that someone can disagree with you without hating you. Please stop using this moronic term, it's like wearing a "Hillary Clinton for pres" t-shirt...

Status
Not open for further replies.