I found a way to prove global warming theory wrong...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
supramk3speed;1464720 said:
Ha ha ha! Up in Washington we were depressed if we only had 4 inches, here in Texas people are crapping there pants over 2! I love Texas but damn we have the worst drivers on the planet, people were crashing left and right last year over a couple inches of snow. Even the police were getting stuck on route to help other motorists. If you wanted to kill off everyone in Southeast Texas the only thing you would have to do is give us a foot of snow, lol.

Correction, it was ICE and you can't drive on ICE :3d_frown:

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
So I spent a solid 10 hours setting up my new truck to plow. This was in the pouring rain at 40F until around 7 where it turned to snow. Come to find out the pump motor on the plow is trash. Cold soaking wet and miserable I get a call to plow a lot for $150 around 11pm as I realize this. I'm also going to have to pay to have my lots plowed now if it gets bad. FML... Takin some jameson with me to the shower.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Poodles;1465018 said:
Correction, it was ICE and you can't drive on ICE :3d_frown:

Its not hard if you don't drive like a 'tard...

with that said, over the weekend I witnessed a civic and a yaris do 360s on the freeway. how in the name of hell do you spin a fwd car?

The mr2 in the centre ditch was another story...

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
adampecush;1465917 said:
Its not hard if you don't drive like a 'tard...

with that said, over the weekend I witnessed a civic and a yaris do 360s on the freeway. how in the name of hell do you spin a fwd car?

The mr2 in the centre ditch was another story...

I've drove on ice, drifted on ice, and lost control driving straight on ice. Not hard but it is the "black ice" that you have to watch out for.

If it ever gets bad enough here, I have chains to put on my jeep.

Justin727

T-virus infected
ya know it covered new orleans last year and parts of south ms Coastal counties but no snow was spotted here at work. But next door at walmart they had a flurry..

Agian this year. Jackson and north ms gets snow and no coastal snow. Bah you can keep your snow and your warranty loving altima's!!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nope, can't drive on ice. Doesn't get cold enough here to make it ultra hard, and we don't run snow tires or even more needed on ice, studded tires...

Trust me, my old 4x4 hilux wouldn't drive on it...

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Poodles;1466020 said:
Nope, can't drive on ice. Doesn't get cold enough here to make it ultra hard, and we don't run snow tires or even more needed on ice, studded tires...

Trust me, my old 4x4 hilux wouldn't drive on it...

Wanna bet. It gets cold enough here and we usually have a couple ice storms/freezing rain/blizzards. I have all season radials on my jeep, they are 32's but aren't very wide, perfect for the winter season, drove in the middle of a ice storm last year, the power was out, and the power lines where hanging down to about 5ft above the ground from the weight of the ice, didn't have chains on, didn't go anywhere faster than 15mph.

And you can drive on ice, you probably have never been ice fishing but when you do you drive your truck/jeep out onto the frozen lake on ice. And ever heard of that tv show "Ice Road Truckers".

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
we had the first snow this morning in IN...

people were driving 10-15 mph... I passed a line of about 10 people in 4x4s and SUVs in my STi in the uninhabitable lane doing 40-45. I never once slid or felt uneasy.

Oh. Did I mention this was 1" of snow. f*cking idiots. :icon_bigg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
nick88;1466026 said:
Wanna bet. It gets cold enough here and we usually have a couple ice storms/freezing rain/blizzards. I have all season radials on my jeep, they are 32's but aren't very wide, perfect for the winter season, drove in the middle of a ice storm last year, the power was out, and the power lines where hanging down to about 5ft above the ground from the weight of the ice, didn't have chains on, didn't go anywhere faster than 15mph.

And you can drive on ice, you probably have never been ice fishing but when you do you drive your truck/jeep out onto the frozen lake on ice. And ever heard of that tv show "Ice Road Truckers".

Hence why I said it doesn't get cold enough here. It's not cold enough to make the ice like concrete, but only cold enough to form the slick nasty ice that's impossible to WALK on let alone DRIVE

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
mkiiSupraMan18;1466028 said:

people were driving 10-15 mph... I passed a line of about 10 people in 4x4s and SUVs in my STi in the uninhabitable lane doing 40-45. I never once slid or felt uneasy.

Thats sounds like this morning in Des Moines, Iowa, just i think we got a couple inches of snow, on the main roads that were all melted and they were just wet. I passed a cop that was going 20-25 and I was going the speed limit. lol

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Poodles;1466040 said:
Hence why I said it doesn't get cold enough here. It's not cold enough to make the ice like concrete, but only cold enough to form the slick nasty ice that's impossible to WALK on let alone DRIVE

O. But it is possible to drive on ice is what I'm saying. Is it the clear ice you can barely see and it just looks like the road is wet?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Around here, yeah, we get black ice badly LOL

I should take pics next time it happens, it falls as rain and freezes on contact, it's HELL.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Poodles;1466050 said:
Around here, yeah, we get black ice badly LOL

I should take pics next time it happens, it falls as rain and freezes on contact, it's HELL.

Yeah, that ice is a bitch, caused me to go into some guys yard last year, and I was going straight down a road by my house.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
mkiiSupraMan18;1466028 said:

Dude the worst part about snow or ice driving is dealing with the clusterfuck of idiots in your way.

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
it hasn't snowed here yet and i live in Minnesota for Christ sakes! We are supposed to get snow tomorrow so now i gotta pack the supra away for winter repairs. Then begins fixing of the body and adding of the parts and sending of the cams out to delta for regrinds! Now my subaru gets my driving attention. oh how i feel bad for it! WINTER DROIFTOS!

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
why is it..all the states that aren't supposed to get snow...are getting snow...and the states that should have the snow by now..aren't getting snow.. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MOTHER NATURE?!