I fed up with this Walbro. What would you say about Bosch 044 in tank?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
mkIIIman089;1748337 said:
Okay, in street cars stock configuration they shut off when the engine stops, and I never said if you run it below xx the pump will die. I routinely bury the needle past E and like I said have never had any issue even losing FP, much less burning out my Walbro.

The pump will burn out in short order if its running dry though, no question about it.

I'd be really surprised if it did as once there's no fuel inside the current draw drops through the floor.
(observed with a MoTeC PDM that reports current draw)

I can't imagine a scenario where the pump would be left run to destruction after the engine stops from lack of fuel.
(assuming some half assed hack job on the wiring that lets the pump run after the engine stops)

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
They sure do, we lost all 5 pumps in one shot because the power was left on after the car had run out of fuel.

We're talking apples and oranges though I think, you're looking at street car systems, I'm looking at racing.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Korg77;1748116 said:
airhead04;1748111 said:
I dont understand what you mean? Summitracing or Jegs ships next day...errr monday anyway.

...and let me introduce you a Russian customs, which will inspect the goods within a week, and also Russian mail, which will deliver this pump for 3 weeks. Or, more likely to lose a parcel. Because Mr. Putin still can not allow third-party fast shipping companies to work with the customs mailings.

I send Aeromotive 340 pumps to Russia all the time with EMS and usually only takes 7 to 9 days to reach your door. Sent 3 pumps to one customer with fedex and it arrived in 10 days. USPS EMS is the way to go.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
Suprarich: 10 days to door that located in Moscow. I.live in Far East. And also after Paypal started to deal with buyers in Russia, the time of delivery have reached 3 or more weeks :(

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
They don't make it easy do they? Then you also have to watch for the mail mafia from stealing all the higher value packages at Moscow air port.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
IJ.;1748333 said:
If the tank is empty the engine stops and so does the pump...

The whole "Pump will overheat and die if you run it below xx" is BS, the only "danger" when fuel is low is if you uncover the pickup and lean out the engine..

Just another of those old wives tales that refuses to die..

Not saying it would "overheat", but my pump definitely gets louder when the tank is low, and the pump usually gets louder when it is hot. I could see a low fuel level causing the pump to run hotter for only a couple reasons, first being the pump is no longer surrounded by cool fuel, fuel is only being pushed through it. The other is that the fuel could heatsoak more easily, causing hot fuel to be pushed through the pump.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
CyFi6;1749917 said:
Not saying it would "overheat", but my pump definitely gets louder when the tank is low, and the pump usually gets louder when it is hot. I could see a low fuel level causing the pump to run hotter for only a couple reasons, first being the pump is no longer surrounded by cool fuel, fuel is only being pushed through it. The other is that the fuel could heatsoak more easily, causing hot fuel to be pushed through the pump.

Echo...

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
CyFi6;1749917 said:

Another reason you might want to research is fuel pump Cavitation especially running an external pump. Cavitation is most likely to occur during summer. Increase in tank pressure and fuel temp can be the cause. More reason to have proper ventilation installed and running with a full tank of gas.....just a thought :)