I am married!

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Hey guys. Just thought I would share that I got married last Saturday Oct 14th. We had quite an unusual wedding as it was medieval/fantasy themed. The whole day was beautiful and the wedding went off without a problem.

Here is a pic of myself and my bride
p379947_1.jpg

Another of me with my brother (best man)
p379947_2.jpg

The flower girls
p379947_3.jpg

And the bridal procession staged waiting for the bride
p379947_4.jpg

I will post a few more pics soon.

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
thats definatly different, she was actually cool with the odd nerd like theme? one question tho, usually guys who pretend they're king arthur never get laid, so howd the wedding night work?

jk jk congrats man

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
MKivSupra_Rob said:
thats definatly different, she was actually cool with the odd nerd like theme? one question tho, usually guys who pretend they're king arthur never get laid, so howd the wedding night work?

jk jk congrats man

A medieval wedding was in the plans from the time we knew we were going to get married. Neither of us pretend that we are anyone else (King Arthur etc...), we both just really like the look of the medieval era. BTW...the wedding night went just fine. :naughty:

A few more pics. Another one of myself and my bride, and a couple of the park.

p379952_1.jpg

We got married under this willow.
p379952_2.jpg

p379952_3.jpg

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Congratulations! I wholeheartedly agree with this union - those chicks that are into roleplay and medieval things are awesome and romantic - they'll make you happy. That's my experience, at least. My wife loves renaissance faires and the like, but oddly enough she isn't into my Star Wars geekery. Still, she "tolerates it" and we've been happy together as nerds for over 4 years.
Now I have a little advice, if you are willing to take it. When we married, there was some great advice given from a wise man - he said "Let there be distance in your togetherness", which means.. always be together, but give each other some space. I know it seems like an impossibility, but there are going to be times when you need to have "your time" and she needs to have hers, or times when you are outright annoyed with each other. That doesn't mean you don't love each other - it just means it's time for you to go for a drive and her to go do whatever it is she likes to do. You could go play a video game, go to the gym - something apart from her while she does her thing. It's some of the best advice I've heard, and it has worked well. In 4 years we have argued and discussed, but never fought with each other. I don't know if this is a case of "different strokes" where what might be right for us might not be right for some, but it's served us well.

Stress: she will most likely cause some of it, and she will get you through just about all of it.
Depression: [if you get it - I do] She will help you - big time. When the world's gone wrong, if I can go home and hold her, I feel better. If I don't feel better, I at least won't get worse.
Compromise: Get used to it. You are going to HAVE to give up some things. It sucks, but guess what?! She's worth it!!!

Once again - congratulations. You are embarking on a journey that these days many people either start and give up on, or are too selfish to brave. Best of luck, and best wishes!

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
s383mmber1 said:
Congrats man!

I used to play halo with ya!

Love the theme!

Thank man! Hey this may sound even more nerdy, but my intro when I entered was the Halo theme mixed with an Irish jig called Morrison's Jig. It was played live by friends of ours on the cello and violin. I was told many times it was the coolest intro music anyone had heard at a wedding.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Congratulations, Lord Furball and Duchess Furball.

Really cool theme you guys had--must have been a beautiful wedding.

Now in a couple of weeks, you can all have a trick or treat party.
Just kidding.

Thanks for sharing and best wishes to you two! :)

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Congrats! Marriage is the best. You could be doing a lot worse than spending every day with your best friend - It's been good to me. :)

I went to a similar wedding in a park outside Louisville about 10 years ago, but I think it was a little less elaborate and more toward Scotland in the middle ages. The bride was in some kind of traditional Scottish gown and wore a leafy/flowery wreath in her hair, and the groom wore a traditional kilt, and they had a pig roast and outdoor reception. Pretty cool wedding.