HURRAY FOR ME! NO MORE BHG!!!

redd88soup

Mark III Lover
Jan 15, 2007
Lexington,NC
Haha, as the title says!! LOL, i just got my supra back from the shop. I've been withoit her for a week. Glad she's back with no problem!!
Haha, here's is everything that got done to her while in the shop:

New OEM Radiator
New OEM Radiator Pressure Cap
New OEM Thermostat
ARP Head Studs
New Metal Head Gasket
New Spark Plugs
New Wires

Im so happy now guys!! Thanks to all Supramania Memebers for supplying all the info i needed!
Here are some pics!
p625918_1.jpg

p625918_2.jpg

p625918_3.jpg

p625918_4.jpg

p625918_5.jpg

:naughty:

redd88soup

Mark III Lover
Jan 15, 2007
Lexington,NC
Haha, thanks, i try to keep it clean as possible. The paint: No... I wish it was:3d_frown: My dad was the original owner and he kept it out in the sun too much, so you could imagine what happened to the original paint.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
nice car paint is super duper! dont forget to have them retorqued (i forgot at what mile) i think its for studs and bolts, but im not sure maybe somebody else can tell you mile and if its for sure for both.

mk3ftMFw

Mini Toon Burnout!! FTW!!
Jan 24, 2007
Cincy
psssssh only cool people have bhg's and only the super cool have rod knocks.

super clean man, engine and all.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
redd88soup said:
Retorque? Really? can someone tell m what mile to retorque the head bolts?
im gonna go try to dig up the info now.

edit: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38501&highlight=head+retorque

that thread has some good info some 1 person said 1000 miles then retorque bolts to 70ftlbs and another said studs to 85 ftlbs that was just some quick searching.

nother edit: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34166&page=3&highlight=head+retorque

that has alot of good info too that says retorque after 5 heat cycles. and some say 500 id ask the engine guy in the help section of the forum for an extra peice of mind.

Last edited:

redd88soup

Mark III Lover
Jan 15, 2007
Lexington,NC
Thanks BorHor and eceryone else thats responded to my car. Next mod? IDk yet, maybe Apexi n-1 exhaust? Headers? Eibach springs? not sure yet. BTW BorHor, i use your quote all the time.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
how much did you pay for all of the aformentionned parts and labour? Your engine looks factory clean, I would feel good eating some Kraft Diner off of it ;)
eric

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
1st. Nice ride man.
2nd. Retorque is needed.
I have always been under the impression that it was done after x amount of heat cycles.

3rd. There are only 2 types of supra owners. The ones who are rebuilding, and the ones who just finished rebuilding.

1500 parts and labor is cheap. Lucky isn't applicable just yet.
I'm wondering what corners you cut. And some had to be cut at that price.
Especially if you payed a tech.

Dig'n the color like a grave dude.

If you ever want to spiff it up a bit more, you can hand sand or dremel the entire air intake, upper and lower plenums and all. It adds a bunch for the eye.

redd88soup

Mark III Lover
Jan 15, 2007
Lexington,NC
Thanks buddy, but idk if he cut any corners or not. lol, but yeah my car seems like its running a 100% healthy now so idk. Anyways i don't push as much as i used to. I settled down from racing, just chillin now. thaniks for the color comment.