HSD HR and Stance GR+ coilovers

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
you can get HSD in canada. check out tdotperformance . com. I haven't bought from these guys, nor do I have HSD coilovers.
HTH.

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
What do you think about these coilovers?
What is your impression?

soup;1782562 said:
you can get HSD in canada. check out tdotperformance . com. I haven't bought from these guys, nor do I have HSD coilovers.
HTH.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I highly doubt that HSD's are made in europe. Both coilovers are made some where in Asia, probably Taiwan. I would not be surprised if they are the same coilover but I am not going to comment on that since i have never seen or used a set of HSD's. I had one of the first Stance GR+ sets in the US for the MK3 a few years ago and they were great for what they were. I even liked them much better then my Tein HR coilovers which cost $500 more at the time.

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
Since sourcing the stance was more difficult than ever, i decided to try the HSD. I search a lot on the web and i also find that they were the same as stance but for the european and australian market. THey arrived at my door today. I bought them from a ebay seller from toronto so no duty for me. They cost me $1260 everything included. This is $200-250 less than the stance since it was more shipping and duty. THey look pretty sweet to me, but i never seen any coilover of my life so... Here is some pics i took. Oh, they are listed for JZA70 on the box. Overall, they mesure at the shortest setting 18.5 inch from top to bottom. This is 3.5 inch less than my eibach mount on koni yellow. So i should be able to get plenty of drop.

p1785036_1.jpg

p1785036_2.jpg

p1785036_3.jpg

p1785036_4.jpg

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
Updates : I put around 2000km on my HSD coilover. I really love them, no bounce at all. I set them to make the wheel at the same height than the fender. I only try them at the softest fitment. I will try them harder just for fun, but i really enjoy how they ride at the softest. My car is a week end driver and i want something smooth but firm with a nice looking drop and no fucking bounce. Thats how the HSD are and i'm really happy.

SO, from what i was expecting from a strut/spring or coilover, i am 100% satisfied with the HSD.
The only problem of my review is that i cant compare them to any other coilover since its my first set and i never been into someone else mk3 with coilover. I can only compare them with my ex koni-eibach setup and they are 300% better.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Getting HSD's put into my 88 on September 10th, so will give my comments here afterwards. I have had Megan's and hated them for street use.. they would possibly be okay on a drift usage basis, but I dont like feeling that my car is riding on steel poles.. very harsh. (of course.. I never played an extreme amount with the settings)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Grandavi;1868064 said:
Getting HSD's put into my 88 on September 10th, so will give my comments here afterwards. I have had Megan's and hated them for street use.. they would possibly be okay on a drift usage basis, but I dont like feeling that my car is riding on steel poles.. very harsh. (of course.. I never played an extreme amount with the settings)
Did you already buy the HSD's? If not, there is another thread in here that links to THmotorsports' group buy on Stance coilovers...

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yeah, I jumped into that, and was going to go with the Stance's but it doesnt save me anything over the HSD's (I think they are pretty well the same as the Stance's) as I have to pay more for shipping to Canada. This way, it costs relatively the same and I get it all done after the first week of September. One of the bad parts about living in the Great White North...

Im surprised more people arent on that group buy.. for that price, you cant go wrong at all!

Quazaky

Jun 21, 2014
Toronto
i bought the same coil overs and i had to grind down the rear bottom bushing on the coilovers to fit in the rear sleeve.