hp limits?

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
bosch tt pump and single -6an line from pump to fuel rail -6 an to afpr to stock return. Safe hp limit? For 2jzge na-t in my mk3, Will run a second pump and another-6 later on for more hp after bigger injectors (550 now)...

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I've been told multiple times by people running anywhere from 600-1000whp (2J) to not trust a single pump (Walbro, Denso TT, Bosch, etc.) much past 500whp.

I'm inclined to believe them, not to mention the majority of setups I've seen seem to abide by that rationale.

monster2j

Aug 20, 2010
socal
Dylan JZ;1748886 said:
I've been told multiple times by people running anywhere from 600-1000whp (2J) to not trust a single pump (Walbro, Denso TT, Bosch, etc.) much past 500whp.

I'm inclined to believe them, not to mention the majority of setups I've seen seem to abide by that rationale.

I believe the opposite, what if you have a 2 pump system and one of them goes out? Your car will still run, and you probably wont know that ones out cause it will start up and drives fine. It wont be until you get into boost and you cant hold fuel pressure, that means High afrs, and adventually a "kaboom" some where down the line.. let me tell you iv personally experienced this :icon_eek: If you can afford it go with a single high quality high out put pump system just my two cents

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
I dont want to max out my injectors (550cc) or push the fuel system past its limits. I am using a stinger 4424. I will add an additional bosch pump and another -6 line an upgraded fuel rail with dual feed ad center exit and bigger injectors after I get more money and want more hp. I will have a good tune as I plan on getting it tuned at boostlogic..

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
monster2j;1748922 said:
I believe the opposite, what if you have a 2 pump system and one of them goes out? Your car will still run, and you probably wont know that ones out cause it will start up and drives fine. It wont be until you get into boost and you cant hold fuel pressure, that means High afrs, and adventually a "kaboom" some where down the line.. let me tell you iv personally experienced this :icon_eek: If you can afford it go with a single high quality high out put pump system just my two cents

Actually, that's a good point, there are single options available from companies like Aeromotive. I was referring to 250+/-lph pumps.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Devin LeBlanc;1749044 said:
I am using a single Deatschwerks 300lph pump with E85!
I ran 2 of those for Gas.....

lsx339.jpg

lsx341.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
::popcorn::

Who ever said the point of if you have 2 pumps and if one fails. I dont think they thought of the part of if you have 1 pump and it fails. Atleast with 2 you have a back up.

And as long as your buying new quality parts you really shouldnt have a problem.

And if you have some good tuning software, you could prolly create a fail safe.