Howdy folks

AFQC

What was that noise?
Mar 30, 2008
Vancouver WA
Hello everyone,

There is something about the MkIII Supras that I can’t get away from. Maybe it’s the styling, maybe it’s the speed….or maybe it’s just that I love the smell of brake cleaner in the morning.

As of two weeks ago, I became a second time Supra owner. I bought an 87 hardtop 7MGE A/T with 92k on the ticker last week. Interior is in great shape with all the options working. Of course there is a list of things that need work, like the orangepeel paint, the taillights with water in them etc. Right now, at the top of the list is the trans that shifts funny, won’t go into lockup, has no functioning O/D switch and lights. So much for easily checking ECT codes!

About 8 years ago I had an 88 7MGE 5 sp and I loved the car but it was afflicted with the BHG’s. I learned a lot of things about the MkIII during those days and this time around I am going to be prepared. There is going to be a pre-built spare engine in the garage ready to go at the spin of a bearing.

My intention for the new car is to bring it to reliable daily driver status with a clean look. I have no aspirations for huge horsepower, but a few extra never hurt!

p975744_1.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Welcome to Supramania. I really just checked in to see if you were from the south because of your thread title. I didn't know people from Washington had a permit to use the phrase "Howdy folks"...............:biglaugh: