How to remove tps connector?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
It's just a hectic thread, that's all ;)

I believe you can remove the pins via a small straight pin, but I'd have to go look at my harness to be sure. I'll check it out later this evening for you!

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
Doward;1182242 said:
It's just a hectic thread, that's all ;)

I believe you can remove the pins via a small straight pin, but I'd have to go look at my harness to be sure. I'll check it out later this evening for you!

Thank you. I'll take some pics of the connector to give everyone an idea of what i'm working with and how exactly to remove it. Thank you again.

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
The rubber boot that is protecting the end of the connecter simply pulls off. Be gentle thought cuz it might be brittle. Then take a small Awl and pick at the little tab holding the pin in from the front of the connector while pulling on the wire from behind. The pin will simply slide out. Find someone who has a good spare connector (like me) and slide the pins into that one.
That simple. I have like 5 parts harnesses laying around so if you need the connector PM me. If i have time i can take some pics when i get home. You don’t need to replace the pin. Simply pry up the crimp that is holding the wire insulation break the wire where it is connected to the pin and solder the new wire on top of the crimp. Then recrimp the new wire insulation so there is no stress on the solder joint. You will understand what i am saying when you get the pin out. You can also remove the other side of the wire from the ECU the same way if you want to put some new wire in there.

Muzy

Oct 3, 2008
Alberta
I'll search tomorrow at work. I know the gm ones I got in stock. Can't say I remember
seeing that one. Might be Toyota only. muzy

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
Muzy;1188438 said:
I'll search tomorrow at work. I know the gm ones I got in stock. Can't say I remember
seeing that one. Might be Toyota only. muzy

I tried my local toyota dealer as well as Jay marks, both with no go. There is no part number on the tps connector therefore they said it's required that you'll have to get it from a salvage yard or something... Or someone on here..