How to rebuild my engine 7mge?na 1986.5

ashiharausa

Oct 25, 2010
suprazone
nope someone else did it for me done on mitsubishi gallant but didnt run .didnt match the top dead center piston 1
anyone from Los angeles Baldwin Park I could use some help will also help in return.

Last edited:

diego

Jul 30, 2010
brussels
Hey guys, So im started my project a 1988 supra, powered bye a 7mge. So i was wondering, Can i fit a hose kit for the 7mgte on the 7mge ? If not does anyone know where to find a hose kit ???? Has anyone heard of jis ? They make 7mge overhaull kits, think i should go for one of those ? well atleast for most the gaskets, Since i want to install a hks head gasket. It would be really helpfull if you could point me in the direction of a new hose kit =) or maybe a good overhaull kit... thanks a bunch guys

Integrity

Aug 28, 2011
Moncks Corner, SC
There are a lot of considerations when rebuilding an engine. You need knowledge, tools, a trustworthy machine shop, quality parts, time to do it carefully and in a clean environment, etc. It is impossible in a thread to convey all the information required. I recommend you use an experienced engine builder in your area. Or you might consider buying a JDM used/imported engine if ona budget. There is too much time and money into a rebuild to risk it going up in smoke. Good luck.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Integrity;1758615 said:
There are a lot of considerations when rebuilding an engine. You need knowledge, tools, a trustworthy machine shop, quality parts, time to do it carefully and in a clean environment, etc. It is impossible in a thread to convey all the information required. I recommend you use an experienced engine builder in your area. Or you might consider buying a JDM used/imported engine if ona budget. There is too much time and money into a rebuild to risk it going up in smoke. Good luck.

Not going to find anything younger than 19 years old now...

None of them are immune to BHG/RK and the days of 50K mile JDM engines are past history so starting with a known base (original engine) and rebuilding it correctly makes much more sense.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people here willing to advise as needed so there's no excuse for getting it wrong, those that do either won't listen or think they know it all already.

A 7M isn't rocket surgery but it does need to be done right to succeed.

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
IJ.;1758621 said:
Not going to find anything younger than 19 years old now...

None of them are immune to BHG/RK and the days of 50K mile JDM engines are past history so starting with a known base (original engine) and rebuilding it correctly makes much more sense.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people here willing to advise as needed so there's no excuse for getting it wrong, those that do either won't listen or think they know it all already.

A 7M isn't rocket surgery but it does need to be done right to succeed.

i agree 110% and thats why we have forums to help other out!

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
laotionracer101;1759658 said:
It really would help for you to go to a local machine shop and get some help in person. It makes a world of difference.

not all machine shops are that nice. the one i went to to get my head done he was vary short with me and wouldn't answer all of my questions. there for im not going back.