How to: Modifying headlight for sleepy eye with stock function

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
I realized this has been done in the past but I feel most write ups are now missing pictures or they are not detailed enough for people to reproduce easily. The two parts that will be modified are the arm on the motor and the rod.

For the arm you will need to remove the 14mm nut that holds it onto the motor. Just dissasemble the headlight so that you can access the nut. The rod will have to be removed first. The motor assembly itself does not need to be removed. Once the arm is off you will cut the arm just under the ball joint. Next make a secondary cut were the second bend is. Doing this will achieve about a 3/4 inch piece to be removed. Then take tge ball joint piece and weld back were the bend was creating the same Z shape but making it shorter. I dont have a before pic but here is the after.

yrytyna6.jpg

y9a6a8e6.jpg

For the rod you will need to remove the yellow socket, remove the 2 nuts and cut enough threads so that when the socket is placed back on it bottoms out on the adjustment screw on the rod. See the pics below.

ahy6yry7.jpg

zu5y3a5y.jpg

After assembly this will let the headlight rise to 3 1/2 inches which is perfect for my current 3inch projector retrofit. This also lets the headlight return to the flush position and create no strain on the motor by wanting to pull the headlight further down. It works exactly as stock but has half the throw. Here is the youtube video showing the function and dont mind my goofy ass in the backgound. Hope this helps people.

http://youtu.be/5t6whKuZpyE

y9ubavuh.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk