how to install boost controller-7mgte

i<3chicken

May 25, 2011
Kansas City, MO
hey everyone, the guy i bought my supra rigged up some sort of boost controller...i didn't like it so i bought an actual one. lol. can anyone tell me how to hook it up correctly??? i can post engine bay pics and what not. but can i get a detailed install instruction? THANKS!

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
What brand of controller is the first thing we need to know. Also is it an electronic or a manual one? All you have to do for an electronic one is go onto the manufacturer's website. Also if you got one new then it came with instructions.

i<3chicken

May 25, 2011
Kansas City, MO
umm...its an ebay one. i will post pic of it in a sec. it is a manual one tho.

p1728842_1.jpg

p1728842_2.jpg

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
That one is a bleed off style valve. Hook one side of the T to one port on the knob unit, then hook one side of the T up to the boost source and the other side to the wastegate.. Leave the other port on the controller open. Good luck, these types of controllers cause bad spikes and not very accurate control

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I have never used a better boost controller than a hallman, reliable, simple, great holding capabilities, and affordable
for a good quality unit. If you want better go Apexi AVCR :)

i<3chicken

May 25, 2011
Kansas City, MO
suprarx7nut;1728866 said:
I have a bad feeling about the future of this car for some reason...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
ohhhh come on now. lol. i brought this thing back from the dead. i was just asking, because i don't have ALL of the piping yet.
Devin LeBlanc;1728867 said:
+1 Agree'd Can see it coming, My car boosting strong and then It over heated, now its making a loud ticking sound. Maybe valve tap my dads friend said?
well thanks for the help it's already on there. it helps make the car driveable now. i have it turned down as low as it will go and i can actually drive it easier now (turbo is currently blown). I am not in any way suggesting that i will dd or race this car in its current condition

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

p1728874_1.jpg

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
^
you'll have to replace the upper plastic pipe to run the bov.

You have to realize how many people buy a supra, up the boost with no supporting mods.
Then a thread pops up wondering why the car is knocking.
It's nothing personal.

There are some thing you shouldn't cheap out on, boost controler being one of them.
It could destroy everything you've worked for.
Personaly I would take it off and just let the wastegate do it's job.

Last edited:

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
no reason to up the boost on a stock car
as everybody else has said the motor wont last long
your going to push more air in then what the stock exhaust can push out
atleast get a bigger/free flowing exhaust and a better fmic setup

devin is right...the venting boost controllers are about as worthless as fat kid in dodge ball
hallman is a great boost controller and is pretty cheap
also there are home depot boost controllers you can make and work just like a hallman mbc

as far as vent your bov into the atmosphere is can cause your engine to stall
every car is different
some people have problems with cars stalling after boost and some do not
my car has a hks ssqv bov thats vented to the atmosphere and my car does not stall
but it does run rich between shifting under hard acceleration and back fires once in a blue moon

you will do more harm in upping the boost in a all stock car
i have all the supporting mods to up my boost buts its still at stock boost level