How to deal with an unsatisfied buyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Unfortunately for the buyer, you did what I did and bought a car with potential and may have not really understood the warts. I paid 6000 CDN for my car with an engine that I now find is shot on the bottom end (even though the head is fine now that I had it reconditioned and actually have valve stem seals pressed in it properly). I also had to do a lot of rust work, but all the rust was hidden.
In the end I found that almost every MK3 where I live is basically the same story body-wise. Hidden rust or obvious rust makes no difference, its still rust and if you want the car to live, its not cheap to fix.

I think that what I paid for my car equals about 30,000 francs? What you paid for your car is equal to about 145.00 CDN? Can you buy one tire for that much? (just curious because I dont deal in francs.. but did I get that right?)

Anyone who buys a Supra here pays a minimum of 500.00 CDN and expects to put a helluva lot more into it or ends up with a lawn ornament.

Do I have the dollar figures right? Was the car sold for 145.00 CDN?

BrettMRC

Nov 7, 2012
UK
Kai - I'd be more than happy to chat offline with you about this, but as you happily boasted on the other forum - you've blocked me.

Rarely in my life have I felt so strongly about a subject that it's moved me to reply pubilically. You have posted the same content on at least 2 forums now, I am not a fool and know damn well you are talking about me.

As for de-railing the thread - its a thread about a car you sold, so how on earth is it de-railment? If of course you deem me to be out of line I suggest you report the post and let the rest of the moderation team decide its fate.

You took the decision to make a private matter public, so please do enjoy the ride.

Shaz

You are being, illogical
Jan 12, 2009
Brownslow, London
I believe to legal term "sold as seen" applies.

AFAIK, no compression test, no sniff test, removal of the head. No mayo, no major white smoke. You were told it needed welding, you were told it needed work, 700 quid is a steal for a car that in mint condition is worth about 3 grand. You can't buy a car, find out it needs a bit more spent on it than you expected and then make a fuss. If it was described as being 100% mint and had been stripped and rebuilt then you'd have a case. For a 22 year old car that was effectively sold as "spares or repairs" due to no tax and test then you haven't really got a case.

If you needed 3 litres of coolant then you would have had the lights on the dash going crazy.

BrettMRC

Nov 7, 2012
UK
Hi Grandavi,

The car was sold at £700GBP - which is around $1100CAD, plus a bill of about £350 for the ferry.

Given the initial description the car was worth what was paid - no question. My issue is that the HGF failure and extra rust didn't happen on the 8 hour ferry crossing...

Had Kai said "I've not given it a good once over" I'd honestly be taking this on the chin as I have done several times in the past. However I just do not believe him when he says he checked it out before undertaking a sub 30 mile journey to the port, if that were the case it mean the car would have boiled on the way!

I call shenanigans.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
You may know you're being talked about, but no one else has a clue who you are, or even cares. It's only you, stepping in, that escalates things.

I stand by my original post. The car was sold in GOOD FAITH. I'm clearly not the only one that thinks the idea of giving a refund is totally ludicrous.

And you're damned right i blocked you. This matter, as far as i was concerned, ended the moment i handed over the keys. Emailing me after the fact and asking for HALF the cost of the car back? Downright ludicrous. Jog on, deal with it. You paid a fair price, got plenty of stuff thrown in as a GOODWILL GESTURE that i could have easily kept for myself. You're complaining about having bought a 22 year old, untaxed, un-MOT'ed vehicle that you knew had rust on the rear wheel arch, floorpan & hatch ending up with further problems i was UNAWARE OF is just ridiculous - What planet do you live on?

Stay on the forum, post a build thread by all means, carry on as normal. However, if your 'enjoy the ride' comment is a thinly veiled hint at causing trouble, it won't fly here.

Status
Not open for further replies.