How to create a turbo Cold air intake

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
I've had a good number of people PM me about this so instead of writing it over and over again, i figured i'd post it.

At Pep Boyz buy 3 65 degree bend pipes, 1 vacuum port pipe (all these are on the same shelf), 1 MAF adaptor plate (the one that says it fits the 86-92 Supra non turbo) 1 vacuum port fitting kit, 1 T-clamp support bracket kit (optional) and you'll need some large couplers and hose clamps.
So first use a couple to couple one 65 degree pipe to the turbo, get it as far back as you can to clear the PS pump, it'll work. Then clamp the vacuum port pipe onto the bend with the 3 ports facing up. Use the large ports in the kit for the IAC and the BOV. Remove the grommets from this pipe cuz you'll have to drill the holes out a little, then reinstall the grommets with the larger ports. The clamp another 65 degree to the vacuum pipe facing the headlight hole. Use couplers and hose clamps to attach your AFM. Then attach the last 65 degree to the AFM with a coupler facing down through the headlight hole and attack a cone with a 3" hole to it. Rig up the T-bolt support bracket to the 2nd 65 degree pipe and mount the mounting bracket from that kit to the PS pump bolt thats towards the front of the engine. All done!