How to achieve 450hp

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Well guys just toyin with the idea of settin my turbo goal at around 450rwhp... I am currently running a N/A motor and plan to swap to a gte. My plan is to completely rebuild the turbo motor (going to import it)...

so, basically, what would you guy's do to get to that 450rwhp mark?

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
turbo, injectors, maft pro, afpr, walbro, bigger ic, hard pipes, exhaust, intake... that should help you get closer

i think im forgetting something.... oh and a clutch some people would say lightened flywheel some say stock one.. depends on your plans on what you are doing with this 450rwhp

if you are a drag car you need to do some suspension work as well

*edit* just noticed im a senior member now... woot! :)

Last edited:

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
dont forget a wideband and EGT to monitor your engine's behavior, a good tuned 7m is a happy 7m...

;)

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
jdm 7m-gte... upgraded turbo, maft pro, 550cc injectors, lexus afm, k&n intake fipk, bigger ic, hard pipes, 3" dp back exhaust, afpr, walbro fuel pump, then I will probably get a set of Eibach prokit springs on bilstein struts.. and to stop me a wilwood big brake kit (13" two piece rotors, 4 piston calipers)... and I will also use a turbo tranny with lightened flywheel and better clutch.

hows that sound? what kind of boost would I need to run in order to meet that goal? I'll also do a mhg, and maybe forged internals.

Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
fotosoup said:
jdm 7m-gte... upgraded turbo, maft pro, 550cc injectors, lexus afm, k&n intake fipk, bigger ic, hard pipes, 3" dp back exhaust, afpr, walbro fuel pump, then I will probably get a set of Eibach prokit springs on bilstein struts.. and to stop me a wilwood big brake kit (13" two piece rotors, 4 piston calipers)... and I will also use a turbo tranny with lightened flywheel and better clutch.

hows that sound? what kind of boost would I need to run in order to meet that goal? I'll also do a mhg, and maybe forged internals.

Do a metal head gasket (for sure) and forged internals for extra reassurance. 450hp is not pushing the limit of the stock pistons and rods. ARP everything. Also if you are going maft-pro use the speed density mode so you dont need the lexus AFM, just a sensor in the intercooler piping. Finally it might be beneficial to go FFIM and side to side IC as that with increase effieciency as well as HP and torque and throttle response. Also to add, AFPR and j-tube block off or by-pass

The rest of what you have said will be needed

Truthfully a good guy to talk to is Jtamulis. He can get you what you need and also direct you to what he cant get you.

Edit: Never mind on the limits of stock pistons and rods. I was misinformed. Sorry for the confusion

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
fotosoup said:
wouldnt you need the lexus afm to run bigger injectors? to allow more air flow?

Maft pro elminates the need of the AFM with the speed density setting. It still measure airflow but through the intercooler piping or where every you choose to put the sensor. This way you can free up the intake and just have a filter on the turbo. But I am not maft pro expert, far from it, Dr. Jonez knows all about it and will prolly be more than happy to help (he sells them too IIRC). but to get some basic info

http://www.mkiiitech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3300

this is the link from Dr. Jonez it will tell you all about it.

Hope this helps

87_7MGTE

SOLD :(
Mar 30, 2005
Bellingham, WA
^ thats what MAFT Pro is for. Eliminates the AFM (virtually eliminates fuel cut, flows more air) and you can tune, and its a great price

EDIT: N&D beat me to it

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
So what kind of power would I make with this setup...

JDM 7M-GTE with all gaskets and seals replaced
Rebuilt Head w/ stiffer springs
Stock crankshaft
Crower Forged Pistons & crower steel billet rods
All ARP Hardware
HKS Metal HG
MAFT Pro
Greddy 550cc injectors
SX Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Walbro 255hp fuel pump
MSD DIS-4 Ignition System + MSD wires
Spearco Intercooler Kit & Hardpipes
K&N intake
3" exhaust
Turbonetics T4 Upgrade Kit

Anybody recomend anything else?

mtoxracerfss

Boost Addict
Oct 8, 2005
Toledo
450 is not pushing the stock botom end at all. the 550-650 is where the need for forged internals come into play. By all means upgrade it if the engine is out and have the money.

My friend has ran 475rwhp for 3 years on his daily driver.

SublimeSupra

Dreams of the Touge
Jan 17, 2006
Largo,Fl
^^im with him if money permits get all forged internal,but with a good sold tune and a decent rebuild 450 whp on stock internals isnt pushing it.

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
i agree also. If you have the extra money, port and polish since the engine is being rebuilt and machined anyways.

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
nickel and dimed said:
Do a metal head gasket (for sure) and forged internals for extra reassurance. 450hp is pushing the limit of the stock pistons and rods. ...
Actually stock pistons are good for up to 450-550hp as other people have stated already. There's even documented 600hp dynosheets on stock pistons at 7mpower I think. The most important thing you need in order to have a strong motor and achieve your power goals for long enough is a good tuning. That's the highest reassurance you can get. If your motor is not tuned right no forged internals will save the day, they'll just go with a louder BANG!!!