How much HP with MAFT

3tc power

Jan 3, 2009
Tampa FL.
What is the most HP you can made using the MAF translator? i know there are newer versions but i want to walk before i ran!lol i know a lot of you guys do have or have own this maft for sure. i would like to know how is the drivability and gas consumption is. the picture is below.

050SUPRA3MAFT.GIF

3tc power

Jan 3, 2009
Tampa FL.
Fletch124;1369757 said:
MAFTpro is the way to go. I wouldnt ever think about going with just the translator.

well thats my thing! 500hp or 550hp is as far as i want to go. so that is pretty much why i asked about maft, because this is my daily driver so i want it to be quick enough to keep up with the average joe. now why wouldn't you go over 550cc injectors with the MAFT?

thanks again guys

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
well thats my thing! 500hp or 550hp is as far as i want to go. so that is pretty much why i asked about maft, because this is my daily driver so i want it to be quick enough to keep up with the average joe.

So by that you mean keep up with the average brand new corvette, right? You'd be leaving average joe in a cloud of smoke and dust with that horse power ;)

The MAFTPro will give you a heck of a lot more control when it comes to tuning and readouts. It will make your life a lot simpler when it comes to that stage, and if you're aiming for 500ish hp, then you will want to be doing some tuning.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Do you have the MAFT already?
Consider this from CRE on a current thread very similar to yours:
CRE;1370873 said:
The MAFT Gen II or the MAFT Pro will provide the same functionality (and more, such as boost control support with the MAFT Pro in speed/density mode and AFR tracking!! Woot!!!) than the combination of a regular MAFT and SAFC II.... plus you also get the benefit of combining everything into one system. If you're new to tuning the MAFT + SAFC II route would probably be easier for you to learn and setup, but the MAFT Gen II and MAFT Pro offer much more as far as flexibility.

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
GRIM is right. MAFT translator will only allow you too tune so far. This is such a common upgrades on karman (most famous in the DSM world). To have more flexibility in tuning ... just go MAFT PRO. Maft translator means finding a GM maf and piggyback for better tuning. So wouldn't it make sense just to go with MAFT-pro? (prices be in the same area)

3tc power

Jan 3, 2009
Tampa FL.
Damn good point there Hmong 1G! i wasn't really sure of what it did, and all i see is people talking about them. Thank again guys!

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
There really are no limitations on a MAFT set up, as long as you can moniter and tune the timing. As mensioned, alot DSMers use GM MAFT combined with BIG injectors ie 1600cc and go up into the 800+awhp range, only thing is, through DSMlink they can tune farthur than we can. Unless you go AEM EMS, or something similar you dont want to push it past 500hp.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
87M-GTE;1371497 said:
There really are no limitations on a MAFT set up, as long as you can moniter and tune the timing. As mensioned, alot DSMers use GM MAFT combined with BIG injectors ie 1600cc and go up into the 800+awhp range, only thing is, through DSMlink they can tune farthur than we can. Unless you go AEM EMS, or something similar you dont want to push it past 500hp.

One major thing DSM has over us as well is the availability of EPROM ECU's. I have yet to find anything for the supra that would make for a good EPROM. But if we had an EPROM that would make tuning much easier with a stock ecu.

stabbinkabbin

Jul 18, 2008
Spring TX
also how does this thing wire in as i am going to buy it and run it. I have a terrible addiction of driving my car.... stinger will come later with a new engine. There is not alot of info to be found. =(

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
stabbinkabbin;1374990 said:
also how does this thing wire in as i am going to buy it and run it. I have a terrible addiction of driving my car.... stinger will come later with a new engine. There is not alot of info to be found. =(

Keith

Just come by the house and you can see how I've set mine up.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
87M-GTE;1371497 said:

1600 cc and only 800hp ?

stabbinkabbin

Jul 18, 2008
Spring TX
isnms;1374998 said:
^Which 'thing'?
There have been several mention here and if you looked each are covered pretty well in threads here and fullthrottletech.

Sorry i was referring to the maf translator he had pictured. I will also check out fullthrottletech. thanks.

Thanks Brian appreciate it. think you could pm me your number haha I keep breaking phones. ::nono: