how much boost ?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Hm. Well once i get the boost controller plumbed in, i'll give it a shot. I'm just worried about the potential for damage at higher boost levels. I had been considering getting hold of a 57 trim replacement, lexus AFM, 550's and a Spearco IC before i ran higher boost.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
whatever you're comfortable with. no reason to do anything with your car that you're unsure of. people on the internet say different things. I just gave you my example. I just turned it up until I hit fuel cut then back down to 14 right under it.

nothin wrong with taking it slow though, especially since you're just getting your feet wet after leaving that horrible NA hell. :)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
FC hits anywhere between 11 & 15 psi in those conditions, it really depends on your car, altitude, ambient temperature, and no doubt a bunch of other factors.

Just add a wideband and an EGT gauge to your list and you'll be fine. Those will let you know if your combustion temps go to high or your fuel starts to run too lean.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
OneJoeZee said:
bs.

people have put 400hp through that thing. not that it wouldn't be a good idea to upgrade it at any time but you can make power through it.

and there was an easily noticeable difference between 10 and 14psi. All I had was a downpipe, exhaust, intake an a profec B II. stock IC
joe i must mention that the 89+ ic flows better as well.
as for me im gonna be running 13 psi daily. 1 18 psi pull for bragging numbers but thats about it.

freakmachine

Feb 20, 2006
la mirada, ca.
I think 1 bar is doable with a set of balenced injectors 440's or even better 550's, Just keep in mind that the cooler charge=hp. I noticed a difference just by removing the rear hood seal and letting cool air hit the motor and out the back, also try colder plugs i've found that the turbo 7m is very tempermental. Anywhoo good luck in your quest::salute::