How much boost should i set

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
325 is nice.

I know the feeling though. I played it safe when I went to the dyno also. Of course I realize the limitations of the car without having certain mods; but, it is better to play it safe. Sometimes anyway... ;)

Can't wait to see the dyno sheet!

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
Okay this sucks, the guy at the shop told me that their is something going on with my supra, because it gets to sertain rpm and boost drops dramatically (as seen on sheet)

I drove the car i it really does not feel like its making 325hp/334trq, to me it feels like it was running stronger when i left her than when i picked her up. And to add, i was just letting the car idle a few moment ago and it fucken shuts down :icon_evil what the hell....now i have 2 codes i did not have before tunning.(code 31&42) can anyone help.

im just pissed right now, fucken 400 dollars gone down the toilet.

Attachments

• fc712g.jpg
    fc712g.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Can you post a larger size graph? That one is waaaay small. And yes, I clicked on to enlarge it. ;)

31 is AFM
42 is Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal

And as far as your codes go, check to make sure your AFM connections are all there. Also, check vac lines. Basically, look it all over to make sure everything got reconnected after the dyno session.

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
CajunKenny;1284653 said:
Can you post a larger size graph? That one is waaaay small. And yes, I clicked on to enlarge it. ;)

31 is AFM
42 is Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal

And as far as your codes go, check to make sure your AFM connections are all there. Also, check vac lines. Basically, look it all over to make sure everything got reconnected after the dyno session.

i checked everything, but i will check again tomorrow,as for the pic i dont know how to make my scanner pic bigger.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
swap out the afm or check the ks signal. if you have a safc that will work. what does it read at idle? what happens when its reved up?

this an auto?

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
grimreaper;1284716 said:
swap out the afm or check the ks signal. if you have a safc that will work. what does it read at idle? what happens when its reved up?

this an auto?

what do you mean swap out the afm? it idles fine for about a minute then it turns off, it revs fine....and im 5 speed...could code 42 be cause my speedo cable is broken?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
You're running the Lexus AFM right? Do you have another one...do you have a stock one? If so, switch it out and see if it gets better and/or the 31 code clears. That's what grim means.

Your speedo cable is broken?! :aigo:

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
CajunKenny;1284768 said:
You're running the Lexus AFM right? Do you have another one...do you have a stock one? If so, switch it out and see if it gets better and/or the 31 code clears. That's what grim means.

Your speedo cable is broken?! :aigo:

oh alright cool....if it clears, does that mean my lexus AFM is bad?

yeah my speed cable is broken, i have to fix it this weekend.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
electronics are the same, wont change a thing

Next time stick around for the dyno run. Not a chance in hell id drop my car off and leave it for some one to run it hard on a dyno. If they give you a reason why they cant do it now, or want you to leave it find another shop. If something goes bad you have nothing but THEIR word to take for it...

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
grimreaper;1285344 said:
electronics are the same, wont change a thing

Next time stick around for the dyno run. Not a chance in hell id drop my car off and leave it for some one to run it hard on a dyno. If they give you a reason why they cant do it now, or want you to leave it find another shop. If something goes bad you have nothing but THEIR word to take for it...

Thanks....yeah i know, what you mean man, its just hard finding spare time.

But i learn my lesson.

I spoke to the guy at the shop, i told him i was not satisfied with my result. He said to fix what was wrong with the car and he would give me a few runs free of charge....guess thats a good thing.

could the AFM be the reason why my car feels like its lacking torque?

thanks a lot for your help man.