How many personal attacks are allowed here???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Before some one gets his/her ass banned from this site???

I post facts attacking "someones ideas" saying they are not proven or they are proven wrong and then they do not attack my "facts" but they attack me personally questioning me as a person (not my ideas)...They attack my patiotism, my honor and my respect for others on this planet and in this forum...This has happened in almost every thread in off topic multiple times..

See this thread for an example..
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19516

When I first posted, I was uninformed and asking a question.

My second post was a comment..

My third post, I was diagreeing with an "idea" , but I was respectful when I did.

My fourth post, I was agreeing with someone and thanking them for being honest and using some real "facts" +1 to him...Because I have recently changed my opinion, due to the facts I discovered here.....

Then I get attacked by someone calling me not only liberal elite enviromentalist, But now ULTRA LIBERAL ELITE EVIROMENTALIST..

I am not a liberal, I am not elite, I am not an enviromentalist...I dont even know what the ULTRA is but I assume it is an even worse form of an attack..

If he was smart, He would call me a GODLESS ULTRA LIBERAL ELITE ENVIROMENTALIST.. then we would at least have a good word,, GULEE

Lets not forget this one...
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25859

I admit I lost my temper and I have apologized already, yet the attacks keep coming...

Personal attacks are ok in politics but I was under the impression this is a forum, with rules against personal attacks??? I want a number here. How many??..:1zhelp:

Am I mistaken or can I attack him now??

How many more attacks on me is this site going to allow before someone gets warned or banned here????

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
The best response would be to not even gratify whoever started slagging you off with a response. That way, you're not being dragged down to their level. I admit that there have been times when that seems like little comfort cause you REALLY want to lay into them. Just walk away and think how much of an idiot said person is.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Joel: I come here primarily to discuss Supras and Supra related issues, I steer clear of the OT crap as I have my opinions that are at odd's with many expressed.

I prefer to stay out of topics that are only ever going to end in ill feeling arguments and flame wars as they're destructive and devisive as evidenced recently.

There are 100000's of Sites I can go to if I want to bash some heads but this is my chosen home and "You don't shit where you eat".

My advice would be to stay out of topics you know will only end badly but you seem unable to make that choice and have taken this all far too seriously and to heart.

NO ONE is winning all that's happening is unrest and bad feelings.

Eventually people will be banned from OT.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Eventually people will be banned from OT.

When??? How many attacks on me must it take. I am defending people, not attacking them.

Disagreeing with someone is not the same as attacking them.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Joel: You know better than most how it works here!

I normally don't frequent OT flame topics so miss most of the garbage in there and only recently got the power to Mod OT.

If you're attacked hit the "report bad post" button or PM a mod and it will be sorted, at the moment all you're doing is counterpunching each time and all this does it escalate the crap.

You can't have it both ways sorry.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Ohh sorry Ian, I did not realize I was supposed to report each attacks, I thought that was the moderators job to prevent and intermediate them and ban repeat offenders. I guess I have about 40+ posts to report as "bad post".

Status
Not open for further replies.