how many are in co

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
Active as in Drifting the crap out of my 87 this weekend. Sunday August 8th at Colorado National Speedway. We have 25 Drivers signed up to Drift and another Group coming saturday for the intermission show on Nascar night and also a Mini Car Show just in there show lot right at the entrance to the Track. Saturday is normal prices to attend the race's and Demo but Sunday is free to come and watch.

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
Wish I could attend. Got the flyer at Sonic on Friday.

BTW anyone have a 1jzgte engine harness? I am on the breaking point with this crap harness I have now. Worst wiring experience ever!

Just a thought here but i found a car meet at the sonic off of DTC blvd and 225, i have seen 2 other supras there but i think it would be nice to see some more if you are in the area, not sure when people start showing but get there around 9pm and its pertty nice, and there is usually a cruise involved around or after 10-11pm

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
Hacki_sack_kid;1601175 said:
Just a thought here but i found a car meet at the sonic off of DTC blvd and 225, i have seen 2 other supras there but i think it would be nice to see some more if you are in the area, not sure when people start showing but get there around 9pm and its pertty nice, and there is usually a cruise involved around or after 10-11pm
I've heard of it off coloradoracing.net and last year it was at a Sonic off 94th and Federal I believe. I don't know if there still is one around Alameda and Federal anymore. My car should be back on the road in a few weeks with my Holset again.

kneedragger85;1601176 said:
I've heard of it off coloradoracing.net and last year it was at a Sonic off 94th and Federal I believe. I don't know if there still is one around Alameda and Federal anymore. My car should be back on the road in a few weeks with my Holset again.

well ive been to the one on dtc and 225 a couple times now, seems like its every sunday, i think the one off federal and alameda is still going on too, my dad said its less of a tuner crowd and during the middle of the day but i have no idea

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
Hacki_sack_kid;1601177 said:
well ive been to the one on dtc and 225 a couple times now, seems like its every sunday, i think the one off federal and alameda is still going on too, my dad said its less of a tuner crowd and during the middle of the day but i have no idea

I go to that sonic very often since I live in Thornton, but never see many Supras. Most I've ever seen was 2 4rth gens with 750+ whp. Mostly just DSM tools. Need more people to rep the Yotas!

lol im workin on it, i havn't been able to go recently cuz i have been helping my friend with a car he just got, 1986 corolla gts coupe, the previous owner trashed the thing, just to give you an idea of what he did, cut the springs, gutted the cat, destroyed what interior he didn't take out, oh and my fave, crapily welded the stock seat rail brackets to the seat rail for a mitsutishi... corbeau racing seats with 2" harnesses. ANYWAY it seems more drivable and i should be at the meet this sunday, maybe even with my friend.

kneedragger85;1602453 said:
Hey guys, avoid Don Walker and Horsepower Research & Developement (HRD) in Commerce City (Denver). Here's the link of what happened, http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?127686-Don-Walker-Horsepower-Research-amp-Developement-in-Denver-Colorado&p=1602451&posted=1#post1602451

Didn't even think of it but another place to avoid is kennedy racing off of santa fe, don't have any pics cuz i had to fix everything but he decided to splice the lines to the oil cooler and connected them using plastic line and zip ties(came undone as i was pulling out of the driveway), blew compressed air through the MAF, mounted my intercooler so it hangs below the bumper, and over charged for all of this, not to mention he denied all of the things he did wrong so i had to pay full price for the repairs.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
Hacki_sack_kid;1602551 said:
Didn't even think of it but another place to avoid is kennedy racing off of santa fe, don't have any pics cuz i had to fix everything but he decided to splice the lines to the oil cooler and connected them using plastic line and zip ties(came undone as i was pulling out of the driveway), blew compressed air through the MAF, mounted my intercooler so it hangs below the bumper, and over charged for all of this, not to mention he denied all of the things he did wrong so i had to pay full price for the repairs.
Know of any good machine shops? I want to avoid "performance shops" and just have a machinist do what I tell them.

kneedragger85;1602732 said:
Know of any good machine shops? I want to avoid "performance shops" and just have a machinist do what I tell them.

place i got my engine work done was REV motorsports, owner's name is rodger, good guy, might try to tell you what to do(respectfully) but in the end he will do what you ask. oh yeah i guess you could say that he isn't a performance shop cuz he only does work on the engines and when they are out of the car, i gotta find his card to get his number ill post it when i do.

ok so i was a little off with the name, its REV Motors, the number is 303 761 7567 and the address is 3740 s. lipan street, i just take belview to windimere, go right on windimere and follow it till it curves and its the first right after it curves and his shop is on the left, he is real cool, he's not gonna try to do things his way but he will offer some of his "sage wisdom" if he feels it necessary.

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
Greetings y'all. It's been almost two years, but I hope to have my '87 Turbo back on the road soon. I just replaced the wiring harness and am now working on getting it back in road shape; emissions will be my biggest challenge though.

Anyhoo, just wanted to drop in and say hey; its been a while :)