how many are in co

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
I will be at the Drift event @ Pikes Peak International Raceway April 11th if you want to come down and see my 87 Supra. I should have my megan coilovers on it buy then. also 440cc injectors in the 1J. Should be fun, now i just have to find 6 tires to kill.
Sorry to here about your eye, hopefully you get a decent settlement out of it.

supra_man87;1537882 said:
Thank you guys for your concern. In the wreck, i looked back to see if the girl was gonna miss me, but of course she didnt and when she did, my window shattered into my face, and my eyes wide open. i ended up with a scrap on Ithe cornea of my eye resulting in astigmatizm, nearsightedness, and glaucoma. now have to wear glasses, and people tell me that the prescription is so strong that if i were to reapply for my drivers lisence (just did in january when i turned 21) that i would have to wear my glasses 24-7 or i would be rendered as unsafe cause cause i wouldnt be able to see. good news is is that im just weeks away from reaching settlement with progressive on medical. so with that money, a new supra for me would be on the horizon. lookin for the unicorn herself. black or red (possibly consider silver) 92 turbo targa 5 speed and clean as hell. i know im not gonna find it in colorado. lol.

as for the meet, i would like to meet all of you guys, but if it further than castle rock, at this point if would be difficult for us guys down here in pueblo. :(

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
its all good man. i can still see normally for the most part, but with glasses/contacts, i see a lot clearer with them.

Would you happen to know how much tickets are to this event at PPIR?

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
Free to come and watch 5 bucks to ride along, 50 to enter event early, and 75 to show at the gate and drive

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
supra_man87;1537882 said:
good news is is that im just weeks away from reaching settlement with progressive on medical. so with that money, a new supra for me would be on the horizon. lookin for the unicorn herself. black or red (possibly consider silver) 92 turbo targa 5 speed and clean as hell. i know im not gonna find it in colorado. lol.

as for the meet, i would like to meet all of you guys, but if it further than castle rock, at this point if would be difficult for us guys down here in pueblo. :(
There's a GT4088 powered 1JZ Targa in Denver for real cheap (owner wants $5500 I believe). It's an 89+ white though.

Edit: I took pics of it today.

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
kneedragger85;1542196 said:
There's a GT4088 powered 1JZ Targa in Denver for real cheap (owner wants $5500 I believe). It's an 89+ white though.

Edit: I took pics of it today.

1j?????? hmmmmmmm.... nothing against it, but im a 7m guy myself. i like the 1j though. just prefer 7m. thanks for looking! appreciate it!

mkiii-1jz

The Neverending Project..
Apr 5, 2005
Denver, CO
Any decisions made on a date and place for everyone to meet up? I've seen a lot of discussion, but nothing definitive so far...

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
Everyone should just come to the Drift event this sunday, Its only tuesday!
the next event is at Colorado National Speedway May 16th

mkiii-1jz

The Neverending Project..
Apr 5, 2005
Denver, CO
The weather this Sunday is supposed to be very nice.... Not to mention the drift event would be another good reason to get together.

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
IF anyone comes to the event i suggest coming from 9:30 am till around 3 thats when the majority of the action is. After 3 people start running out of tires. NOT ME i got 6 More yesterday.

jtalpha

Mar 21, 2010
Greeley, Co
id love to hit up the drift event, but combination of work, and the supra has a major leak in the lines leading into the firewall, shop quoted around 500 to fix, so the supra is parked for now :kickinthenuts:

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
What happend did your Heater hose break that is the only liquid filled thing i know that goes to the firewall. That shouldnt be 500 bones. you might be geting f-'d. Is it oil ???
jtalpha;1544885 said:
id love to hit up the drift event, but combination of work, and the supra has a major leak in the lines leading into the firewall, shop quoted around 500 to fix, so the supra is parked for now :kickinthenuts:

kingsupra

Jul 14, 2006
d-town,colorado
so i dont mean to steal the thunder of the thread, but think anyone could help me out with my issue?

there was a code 51 it kinda comes in and out, running rich

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
jtalpha;1544885 said:

Get yourself a 3/4" pipe connector at Checker or somewhere, it looks just like a straight piece of pipe that's barbed. Get that, a couple hose clamps, and bypass your heater core. I had to do that to my old 7m when the heater valve (that thing on the firewall near the wiper motor) decided to explode a nipple off. From the sounds of it, this is likely the issue you're having. Replacing the heater core won't be fun, you gotta pretty much strip the front half of the interior out. I'm gonna have to do mine this summer, so it's ready before the white stuff starts falling from the sky again...

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
kingsupra;1545899 said:
so i dont mean to steal the thunder of the thread, but think anyone could help me out with my issue?

there was a code 51 it kinda comes in and out, running rich
Code 51 can cause alot of problems, and you can't set timing while code 51 is present. There's a thread on the best ways to fix it by jetjock, it's stickies in the tccs section I believe

kingsupra

Jul 14, 2006
d-town,colorado
turbo87targa;1547272 said:
Code 51 can cause alot of problems, and you can't set timing while code 51 is present. There's a thread on the best ways to fix it by jetjock, it's stickies in the tccs section I believe

oh wow thanks! thats a real helper. why doesnt stuff like this show up in the search option?

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
just picked up a project car locally and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in meeting up and helping me diagnosis why it is not running. It has a AEM computer and looks like it might be a little of a hack job but I wanted to get someone who has a little more knowledge to help me look at it. It runs sometimes but runs really rich. Thanks in advance and just send me a PM if you can help out. I'm in Denver by Wash Park.

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
turbo4toy;1562814 said:
just picked up a project car locally and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in meeting up and helping me diagnosis why it is not running. It has a AEM computer and looks like it might be a little of a hack job but I wanted to get someone who has a little more knowledge to help me look at it. It runs sometimes but runs really rich. Thanks in advance and just send me a PM if you can help out. I'm in Denver by Wash Park.

The only person that comes to mind when it comes to electrical configuration on the supra in denver would be christoph (CRE). he lurks around here sometimes and he gets busy. send him a PM and see if he can help ya out.